joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Coastal Storm This Weekend

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets not pretend people who are somewhat understandable concerned wouldn't be calling people weenies if it was the opposite situation(gfs showing a hit and others ots)

And understandably so. The EURO has a proven track record. This new GFS does not and just failed miserably two days before last weekends monsoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gfs is not a model to me....and I will not pay attention to it at 00z. Ecmwf is not too amped...it is the best model and this is within 96 hours now. Dude.

You cannot just toss a solution whether its the gfs or not. It is a viable outcome from this storm due to the progressive nature of the pattern and little to no blocking. Do I see it as the likely outcome? No. I would use a blend of the euro and gfs myself but thats just me. Not a direct hit yet not a complete miss....right in the middle. Just dont say it has no clue without giving a reason why you think its wrong.

If the EC caves to the GFS tonight...there will be weeping...and wailing...and gnashing of teeth never before seen in this dimension.

There was a storm maybe 5-6 years ago that was going to be a bomb for Detroit or Chicago and then all of a sudden 4 days out one model suite and every model shifted the track 500 miles east and it ended up being a big storm here. Ive always wondered what would happen if we ended up on the wrong end of something like that.

Sure it may cave...when disturbances are not sampled...where the models are fair game to guess. But here the 2 disturbances are already sampled...and the Ecmwf is too good ... to not get this right fairly easily. People need to understand the 2 key features are over the U.S already...not in the Pacific.

I've seen the Euro cave before but generally not with this much ensemble support. Nearly all the individuals were just as impressive as the OP.

Chances of that happening is 1%.You're riding a lone wolf model here.

I know what is going to happen; I've seen all this before. However, because you are excessively anxious, I have decided to keep you in a state of suspense.

Yes, it would suck to go from a foot of snow to a foot in your ...

Lol, well if me posting here makes my username come true than its at least worth a shot. To answer your question honestly; the odds are extremely slim, the GFS has a long known southeast bias and even models which share that bias such as the NAVGEM have tracks near or inside the benchmark; that tells you that the run is off. The EURO and CMC handle miller A systems such as this much better than the GFS which tends to be more accurate with northern stream features in a progressive flow. Ride the EURO for this system unless it starts wavering significantly from run to run. As of now, a SECS or greater for the northeast looks likely. 0z will be interesting...

There was a storm maybe 5-6 years ago that was going to be a bomb for Detroit or Chicago and then all of a sudden 4 days out one model suite and every model shifted the track 500 miles east and it ended up being a big storm here. Ive always wondered what would happen if we ended up on the wrong end of something like that.

Didn't NYC metro have the rug pulled out from under it last year within like 72-96 hrs and SNE /cape got crushed?

If the EC caves to the GFS tonight...there will be weeping...and wailing...and gnashing of teeth never before seen in this dimension.

It's not like that has never happened before.The good thing at the moment though is the other models haven't started any sort of trend east. At least that I am aware of.

Reminds of the boxing day blizzard where we had a miss a few days before which was supposed to be a good storm. Maybe if this storm misses we could get a good one on Monday.

500mb.gif?1421885485882

Can you please explain what's going on there?

Didn't NYC metro have the rug pulled out from under it last year within like 72-96 hrs and SNE /cape got crushed?

I don't remember that one, the worst one I recall was in 07-08 or 08-09 the Euro had a SWFE tracking over the PA/NY border and every other model had it over MD destroying us with snow, then 72 hours out when everyone figured the Euro was definitely going to be wrong, everything caved to it

Archived