joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Coastal Storm This Weekend

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z GFS just eyeballing it is a little better than 06z.

It slightly better than 6z , its not as good as it`s 0z or the 12z NAM , but the model bias is S and E we saw that with the Sunday storm that Don  S pointed out .

GOOD SLP placement , its just a matter if we can get this to close off 6 hours earlier to get everyone involved .

It slightly better than 6z , its not as good as it`s 0z or the 12z NAM , but the model bias is S and E we saw that with the Sunday storm that Don S pointed out .

GOOD SLP placement , its just a matter if we can get this to close off 6 hours earlier to get everyone involved .

So Pauly what does it show for snow amounts for NYC thru Monmouth?

Rossi

And the second system develops too far offshore because the baroclinic zone gets dragged East with the first system. We probably need a coastal hugger with the first storm in order to cash in on the second one. Not enough time occurs in order to properly reload the pattern.

We miss both this place is going to be rough for a while

We miss both this place is going to be rough for a while

Lets be frank: these two storms can take a horrific winter and single handedly turn it above average but you also run the risk with a double shaft of turning this forum into a dark zone- not good. by 130am we will know pretty much where we stand with this. Naturally the Euro, if it comes in line with the NAM it will be like we won the W.S but if its eas tof the GFS then watch all hell break loose.

If I had to create a "cone of uncertainty" for this storm, the 6z GFS would be the eastern edge...Reason being, the upper level PNA ridge Axis is right along the PAC coast. Typically this ridge placement is a harbinger of a Gulf Coast storm that is going to "cut" , and jackpot, areas well inland, from Central Pa., to Albany NY. The PV, however is creating enough confluence, and progessiveness to prevent this from happening. So what we have here is a storm along the Gulf that has plenty of time and space to REALLY dig, while the PV wants to shunt this whole thing east. This is why I like a middle ground--or the center of my "cone"--as the BM, and the western edge of the "cone" about 100 miles northwest of there....

Getting this to close off at/near our lattitude will be challenging. The only ingredient I can see to make that happen for us, is if the shortwave moving through Ontario digs enough such that the Upper Level vorticity associated with it, begins to phase into our storm around hr 81, while the surface low is near OBX.

If I had to create a "cone of uncertainty" for this storm, the 6z GFS would be the eastern edge...Reason being, the upper level PNA ridge Axis is right along the PAC coast. Typically this ridge placement is a harbinger of a Gulf Coast storm that is going to "cut" , and jackpot, areas well inland, from Central Pa., to Albany NY. The PV, however is creating enough confluence, and progessiveness to prevent this from happening. So what we have here is a storm along the Gulf that has plenty of time and space to REALLY dig, while the PV wants to shunt this whole thing east. This is why I like a middle ground--or the center of my "cone"--as the BM, and the western edge of the "cone" about 100 miles northwest of there....

Getting this to close off at/near our lattitude will be challenging. The only ingredient I can see to make that happen for us, is if the shortwave moving through Ontario digs enough such that the Upper Level vorticity associated with it, begins to phase into our storm around hr 81, while the surface low is near OBX.

It's a rather vigorous s/w, but do you really see this having the energy to allow the vorticity ahead of it to phase in?

United States Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer

Archived