Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Potential Clipper Jan 21st 2015

metTURNEDpro

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z RGEM is showing the typical problem with clippers for most of this area. Here is the RGEM at 21z. You can see a healthy burst of snow over NE PA which looks to clobber the whole area.

I_nw_r1_EST_2015012012_033.png

Then just three hours later most of that snow has dried up and shifted to the developing coastal low offshore. That's why LI and SNE are always going to be favored in these setups. A lot of this area gets skipped over as the first low dies off and the new one forms.

I_nw_r1_EST_2015012012_036.png

I could still see how we wind up with an inch or two from this.

this kinda reminds me of the last clipper. I agree with you coastal sections should end up with an inch or two. Bronx and eastern parts of lower westchester should do well from the sound enhancement. It may be a little warmer than the last clipper but I don't see why we can't squeeze an inch or two. AppertiZzer now and main course this weekend !

Someone is gonna get hit good with this, unfortunately the bullseye has moved 500 times but I've felt for a few days there were going to be big amounts with this somewhere.  There was a storm like this in the 12-13 winter that pounded Delaware and S NJ with 5-8 inches of snow and nobody northwest of that saw anything, it was not well forecast either, this one may be north of that one a bit.

Someone is gonna get hit good with this, unfortunately the bullseye has moved 500 times but I've felt for a few days there were going to be big amounts with this somewhere.  There was a storm like this in the 12-13 winter that pounded Delaware and S NJ with 5-8 inches of snow and nobody northwest of that saw anything, it was not well forecast either, this one may be north of that one a bit.

agreed - favoring the Atlantic/Burlington/Ocean counties for that potential. 

Archived