• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/13, 1/14 - Freezing rain threat

packfan98

0.75"+ in downtown Raleigh you can forget any morning commute plans. A :weenie: can dream. :lmao: Honestly I don't want loss of power though...NAM needs to back off. lol

With the temps, enough sleet could mix in to make it less bad. We'll see. I still think it'll be patch around central NC, despite the NAM, GEMs and the Euro.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the temps, enough sleet could mix in to make it less bad. We'll see. I still think it'll be patch around central NC, despite the NAM, GEMs and the Euro.

lol...yeah I'd prefer some more IP in there. It's going to take a lot for this trend to a non-event though ;)

Anyone know what rdu got this morning vs what the mods were forecasting yesterday? All i know is there was street flooding everywhere on the way to work this morn.

I can't believe a we weren't even under a special weather statement for that....at least, I didn't see one. There was a ton of street flooding, like you said.

Anyone know what rdu got this morning vs what the mods were forecasting yesterday? All i know is there was street flooding everywhere on the way to work this morn.

The MAG site still has the 06z GFS available. It showed decent precip this morning, probably more than we actually got.

I looked, NAM/RGEM did fairly well from 36 hours our, the GFS was awful at 36 hours out. It got better 12 hours out.

Mike Maze says there's a Winter Storm Watch coming out soon. It's on like donkey kong.

"A Winter Storm Watch will be issued before 11PM for parts of the viewing area from 9PM Tuesday through noon Wednesday. The issue is for Freezing Rain that should accumulate!"

Bite your tongue.  I don't believe it is underdone, but if so weez goin' be in the dark

Im not saying it will verify, but if everything is true with it's temps and UL, i think there is nothing weakening the low off of the cape. The 12km shows the low off the cape weakening and reforming southeast. i dunt buy that because thats not the path of least resistance of most PVA. Also isentropic lift will also lower the low due to the CAD. if the varibles in the NAM are right, which im not saying they are, i think this is underdone. I hope the NAM verifies. I'm going all in on this storm :weenie:  time to breakout the candles and flashlights  :snowing:

Archived