• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-2015 Pattern Discussion Thread III

BIG FROSTY

Could this be RAH's first indication of an impending storm(...classically vague):

AS WE HEAD INTO NEXT WEEKEND HIGH PRESSURE LOOKS TO WEDGE DOWN THE
EASTERN SEABOARD AS WINDS ALOFT BECOME SOUTHWESTERLY. THIS WILL
START TO BRING SOME MOISTURE BACK TO THE REGION WITH INCREASING
CLOUDS AND A CHANCE FOR PRECIPITATION SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hot off the presses folks!  LOL All new weather video is up.  I really think y'all will like it.  There is a BUNCH of weather talk, duh...but we talk about the Arctic airmass coming down and how I feel like the models will likely be a little to warm with it, Especially the EURO.  Also, how I think the models will ***MORE THAN LIKELY** be kicking out the airmass toward the weekend.  PLUS we talk about the *POTENTIAL* weekend fun.. again, potential and TRENDS not a forecast.  The players are on the field, but do we kick a field goal, fumble or hit the end zone??  Enjoy  and thank y'all for liking and sharing the videos and page.  Really means a lot to me.  -Chris 

https://www.facebook.com/ChriswxmanSimmons

Great Video Chris! Just got a chance to watch it.......

SFC LOW in WGOM by 12z SUN...STill wintry MESS over NTX, some moisture off hour coast and the Carolina coast Re-enforcing the WEDGE  A sprawling 1041mb high across the OV and about to move into PRIME CAD Areas.  This crap needs to move east and we are golden!!  So close by sun am

2eqazcw.jpg

by 18z SUN-6z MON the best moisture is shunted south into the GOM and off the  Carolina coast, but C and E NC would have Icing issues with this run verbatim.  GA would just be a cold AS* Rain.  BUT** Just looking for trends and the trend is screaming to me potential for some in the SE   I really love the GFS is just pumping Highs down into the SE.. just like STorm said.   That WILL keep a FRESH supply of cold for sure.  Fun times ahead folks. 

by 18z SUN-6z MON the best moisture is shunted south into the GOM and off the  Carolina coast, but C and E NC would have Icing issues with this run verbatim.  GA would just be a cold AS* Rain.  BUT** Just looking for trends and the trend is screaming to me potential for some in the SE   I really love the GFS is just pumping Highs down into the SE.. just like STorm said.   That WILL keep a FRESH supply of cold for sure.  Fun times ahead folks. 

Given the placement of the high I would think parts of GA would be icy....that is one strong wedge with a 1040 high around Maine. You can see the models struggling with it at 2m temps. 

Given the placement of the high I would think parts of GA would be icy....that is one strong wedge with a 1040 high around Maine. You can see the models struggling with it at 2m temps. 

oh I agree....I would think that all of SC and NC and parts of NE GA would be cold enough.  As modeled, I am like 38-40 and 35ish over NEGA.  BTW, there is plenty of moisture nearby for you.  This looks like a multi day overrunning

Thankfully most of SC (with the little bit of precip we have) is rain.  Areas around the North-Central area could get a bit though.

Like Chris and I were discussing I think SC would have major potential for ice especially CAE. That is a monster wedge and you would probably see temps in the upper 20's if I had to guess with that. CLT would probably be sitting at 27 or so. 

Archived