• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

Para has a more complicated storm evolution for the same time (~15th), but ends up with a strong Miller B.  

I didn't like seeing the para tbh. Of course it's lalala and stuff but seeing a phase with a lakes low is a dagger in these parts. I don't care what the maps look like. Luckily we'll have over 50 different looks from 7 different models to choose from over the next week or so. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that is something we need to go to wow and randy with.  It would definitely cut down on superfluous posts and banter and make threads more tidy.

I agree with this. Other forums use the like button to keep the banter down.

even if we get sfc to cooperate and even 850's to quasi cooperate, the track will be bad and/or there will be a warm nose somewhere of +14

Yeah. I think it would have a decent chance of cutting if we get an amped up vort. There is alot of confluence to keep it from cutting on this run. But if we lose that?

192 looks "interesting" with the 0c 850 line running I-95

It's still a disappointing solution. Nice +pna ridge, great vort pass, but crappy temps and weak precip. I suppose the bright side is the vort pass and +pna. That's better to have on your side at this lead than marginal temps and unresolved evolution of the lp.

ETA: still 2-3" verbatim so there's that. My goodness parts of SNE get hammered on this run.

It's still a disappointing solution. Nice +pna ridge, great vort pass, but crappy temps and weak precip. I suppose the bright side is the vort pass and +pna. That's better to have on your side at this lead than marginal temps and unresolved evolution of the lp.

ETA: still 2-3" verbatim so there's that. My goodness parts of SNE get hammered on this run.

is it a miller B, Miller A or Miller lite?

Just saw it.  That's a nice setup at upper levels.  850s are sub-zero as well.  I'm pretty satisfied with that at this range.  

is it a miller B, Miller A or Miller lite?

Wondering that too.  Hard to tell with 24hr panels on Ewall and the confusion from the weaker event right before it.  

Just saw it. That's a nice setup at upper levels. 850s are sub-zero as well. I'm pretty satisfied with that at this range.

Wondering that too. Hard to tell with 24hr panels on Ewall and the confusion from the weaker event right before it.

Definitely a miller A on this run. There is no NS vort phasing or coast jumping. It's a little strung out in evolution until it's north of our latitude. Some backside digging of energy delaying things from a quick glance. All in all, we should be pretty happy with the run though. Regardless of verbatim precip.

850's lag as it organizes and approaches. That's worrisome. Never like midlevels chasing in. Much better off when midlevels are ok in advance. But that kind of detail is silly right now. We have a legit threat still.

Looking at the ops runs today, it seems pretty likely we get at least one "wintry" event next week if not 2. Too bad the setup is messy and tricky. We probably won't get much consensus on the early week storm until sometime this weekend. For now it looks like ice and/or rain is the most likely outcome. Euro ensembles overall are pretty bullish for winter weather and at pretty long leads still so that is encouraging. Mean track for the late week storm remains off and up the coast so that is good. Large spread in timing and a pretty wide track range.

Down the line, the relax period looks pretty short. 3-4 days tops on ens guidance. Hopefully that keeps shrinking. -EPO quickly rebuilds on both the gefs and eps so we're probably in decent shape for Matt's favorite part of January.

Looks like the raging +NAO/AO come down a few notches. Both the gefs and ec have been advertising a "demise" to neutral for both within 2 weeks. We'll see how that goes. People might faint around here if they go negative.

ETA: 18z gefs has some decent snow solutions for the late week system. At least 5 members have a nice track.

ETA#2: This is good snow setup without blocking. Very good ridge/trough placement

f180.gif

New weather video is up online.  I will talk about the Friday, and weekend potential.  Not to mention another potential storm next week.  More details in the video.  Thank you everyone for liking my page, videos and sharing them.  Please invite your Friends on Facebook on the left hand side of the page under invite.  Thanks again!  -Chris 

www.facebook.com/ChriswxmanSimmons

Looking at the ops runs today, it seems pretty likely we get at least one "wintry" event next week if not 2. Too bad the setup is messy and tricky. We probably won't get much consensus on the early week storm until sometime this weekend. For now it looks like ice and/or rain is the most likely outcome. Euro ensembles overall are pretty bullish for winter weather and at pretty long leads still so that is encouraging. Mean track for the late week storm remains off and up the coast so that is good. Large spread in timing and a pretty wide track range.

Down the line, the relax period looks pretty short. 3-4 days tops on ens guidance. Hopefully that keeps shrinking. -EPO quickly rebuilds on both the gefs and eps so we're probably in decent shape for Matt's favorite part of January.

Looks like the raging +NAO/AO come down a few notches. Both the gefs and ec have been advertising a "demise" to neutral for both within 2 weeks. We'll see how that goes. People might faint around here if they go negative.

ETA: 18z gefs has some decent snow solutions for the late week system. At least 5 members have a nice track.

ETA#2: This is good snow setup without blocking. Very good ridge/trough placement

f180.gif

I agree Bob. I like that look. Looks like the gulf would be open for business.

00z GFS still has the ice "threat" on Monday... 1043 H moving east in tandem

Could get kind of ugly in NW VA/C MD

Per soundings... DCA sits in the 30-32 range pretty much all day long Monday... 00z GFS P-TYPE suggests FZDZ/FZRN at DCA for about 12 hrs straight (1am MON to 1pm MON)

One would think that the CAD would be a bit stronger with dual 1040+ H supplying the CAD for us IMHO

Archived