• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
12/20 Pre Grinch Mood Snows

40/70 Benchmark

12z NAM keys in on PYM County for the best chance of accum.  Freezing heights are around 1000 ft so if it falls hard enough, it should accum.  Perhaps 1-2".

Yeah and over to eastern Norfolk County...could be a Scooter jackpot. That's almost advisory snows there. :lol:

f75.gif

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't the concern near the coast of bl issues with thAt torched beast to the east? East winds are going to be an issue I would think.

It's not a strong wind and as you'll see the flow is mostly N/NNE draining in colder air aloft.  Freezing heights are low.  Also DP will be relatively low so some of the modeled QPF will be wasted away saturating the column,  I don't think much accum occurs W of I-495 due to this.

post-238-0-19663700-1419002894_thumb.gif

And to calm the fears of a few

Others, it probably would extend west a bit.

Yeah I'm sure it will snow in most of SNE...but the best shot at 1-3" will be some eastern spots.

It's possible there could be a secondary max if it works out perfectly over CT somewhere on an inverted trough...but that is just as likely to set up over E MA after the initial light snows.

Yeah I'm sure it will snow in most of SNE...but the best shot at 1-3" will be some eastern spots.

It's possible there could be a secondary max if it works out perfectly over CT somewhere on an inverted trough...but that is just as likely to set up over E MA after the initial light snows.

I think like you said , ORH hills on east probably overall for general lighter snows. Probably berks too...you can almost envision a large area of echoes blossoming under clear air mode radar lol.

I think like you said , ORH hills on east probably overall for general lighter snows. Probably berks too...you can almost envision a large area of echoes blossoming under clear air mode radar lol.

Yep...vintage for these types of events. :lol:

The good PVA will help with a bit of larger scale lift and the light flow off the ocean will do the rest...then as the inverted trough sets up, that's when more defined areas of enhancement will likely set up.

The first thing we will probably see is those clear air mode OES bands going into the south shore on Saturday afternoon...then it will expand from there.

Yep...vintage for these types of events. :lol:

The good PVA will help with a bit of larger scale lift and the light flow off the ocean will do the rest...then as the inverted trough sets up, that's when more defined areas of enhancement will likely set up.

The first thing we will probably see is those clear air mode OES bands going into the south shore on Saturday afternoon...then it will expand from there.

Yeah I like that s/w sliding out. It's very good for an event like this and more widespread than QPF shows. Mr. minor event down in CT, can breathe easier.

actually like my location for this " event ". Temps look to be okay. These seem so fickle, thats why I am hesitant we see much more than mood flakes. However, the potential seems to be there for a few inches if it works out right. Would be nice to get on the board for this month, and add a festive appeal to the landscape.

Maybe this will be more substantial than the slop i have received so far this year.

Good luck dude. Hopefully this one works out for you guys. Everyone deserves a little holiday cheer before we all rain on Xmas Eve lol.

If you recall.. I'm the one that kept this Alive. I said dig deeper than models.. Someone told me to keep digging

You were insisting that the coastal would still hit us with like 3-6, lol.

It was yours truly a few pages back who said we could get onshore low-level weenie snow, and then you correctly started focusing on that.

You were insisting that the coastal would still hit us with like 3-6, lol.

It was yours truly a few pages back who said we could get onshore low-level weenie snow, and then you correctly started focusing on that.

That was like 5 days ago when you thought the coastal would hit too. I was the first one to introduce tiny flakes where it would snow all day and add up to an inch or so, and then you sort of piggybacked off that

That was like 5 days ago when you thought the coastal would hit too. I was the first one to introduce tiny flakes where it would snow all day and add up to an inch or so, and then you sort of piggybacked off that

It was there, but kind of a weak signal inland and a warm one for the CP. Now it's almost an inv trough with winds more nrly near this area which is better here..and still cold enough by you.

Actually two days ago..but who's counting? :lol:

No the strong idea really was never an option..This has always looked like a light to moderate event. Honestly how many times over the yrs do we see this? Models lose something..the ensembles have it..and then about 48-72 hours out, the op runs bring it back. It's funny to watch the same people get upset, cancel it, whine, complain..only to have it come back. This will end up a 2-4 or possibly 3-6 inch event

Archived