joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Storm II

Cold Rain

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone is baseing travel plans off that which is 5 days out and in the SE. No one fault but the travelers. Weather changes very fast. That traveler needs to check some more. I thought they did a good job for the time period. I have bashed KGSP before, but around the area they are the best. IMO..

Wow, I've seen them ignore things over and over until it's upon them. That discussion lacked badly though. Don't know how anyone could say that was good. And when you have to decide to leave a day early, etc..that IS what they are being paid to do, partially. Giving a heads up about possibilities that some models show is not the same as putting it in the official forecast.

I'm just saying, it's Monday who is going to be put out because they didn't toot the horn about possibilities 5 days away? I don't get this calling them idiots because they are not being bullish about a storm that may or may not happen that far out.

OK but explain to me RALs reason for calling for rain? Does anyone who acknowledges that a storm may occur think it will be in the form of rain in the western Piedmont?

Friday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Christmas Day: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Wow, I've seen them ignore things over and over until it's upon them. That discussion lacked badly though. Don't know how anyone could say that was good. And when you have to decide to leave a day early, etc..that IS what they are being paid to do, partially. Giving a heads up about possibilities that some models show is not the same as putting it in the official forecast.

did you read GSP's afd or are you talking about morristown because gsp did highlight the chances so if your talking about gsp then your wrong.

OK but explain to me RALs reason for calling for rain? Does anyone who acknowledges that a storm may occur think it will be in the form of rain in the western Piedmont?

Friday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Christmas Day: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

GSP has that same forecast. Although they had a good AFD on the snow chances

Sticking with the GFS arrowheadsmiley.png cause it causes less concern.

the GFS doesn't look realistic with the way the 5H trough gets sheared in the southern Rockies only to become neutral tilt again in the Plains. But this run isn't backing down from that. Its also pretty far north.

For some reason JB is riding the GFS train ? He thinks the snow will have a nice strip 6-12 inches from denver to Dulles ? So He's on the north train :thumbsdown:

For some reason JB is riding the GFS train ? He thinks the snow will have a nice strip 6-12 inches from denver to Dulles ? So He's on the north train :thumbsdown:

Didn't he pretty much blow the last two storms?

Yes be very worried Carywx. Be afraid of DTs DJN rule. If the DGEX, JMA, and NOGAPs are all together take it to the bank.

LOL. arrowheadsmiley.png

Not long ago RDU was forecasting a high of 50F for 12/25. You've got a nice trend going if you can keep it up.

I am absolutely concerned about having enough cold air. We MUST have the southerly track of the CMC/EURO/UKMet

yep. No snow for anyone south of the VA border really. Just a frontal passage and morning showers for the Southeast on Christmas . At 120, the surface low is on the NC coast. We really have to have that good separation and southerly track to pull this off, like the Euro.

Where does the GFS have it phasing?...or does it?

Funny how since he usually blasts that model. I guess now that it gives a better chance of a snowstorm from D.C. to New England, he sings a different tune.

lolz 18z GFS says, "screw you SE I'm going to the MA."

And that is what usually happens... Very difficult for both regions to cash in on the same storm, sure it possible, but not likely. One of us are going to get screwed. I would much rather have the ECMWF, GGEM, UKMET, and JMA in our court atm, compared to only the GFS. Consensus says the op GFS is an outlier until proven otherwise, and no the DGEX is not proof!

Archived