Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Christmas Storm II

Cold Rain

Loving it...:hug:

Honestly I've never seen such agreement and things working out the way the SE want them to. I don't care if southern NC counties do better than me, yall deserve it. To think we're only 4 days out makes me way too optimistic, I keep having to pinch myself to tell me I'm not dreaming!

The good thing, too, is that the models are being fairly consistent now (other than the GFS). Usually, consistency breeds big snowstorms. If the models were waffling all over the place from run to run, I wouldn't be so ecstatic, but with the consistency and the fact that our mets on the forum are buying this, it's looking good!

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GSP gets SLAMMED with the 00z EURO!!!! I am seeing nearly .55" of QPF and which should be nearly ALL SNOW!!!! I am jealous from casper...

This is like 3-4 runs in a row, and last time I seen this (atleast to this point) the upstate saw a very nice snowstorm in march. Mark this down...This will happen!!!!

i knew this run would be worth staying up for. the lead up is as exciting as the actual storm. no work will be done at work this week just refreshing the forums and the model sites. was hoping to catch some of the eclipse before going to bed but clouds ruined that. 27.5 on the wireless thermometer. made a makeshift enclosure to try to keep it dry was getting some funny reading during the last storm. one day i am going to invest in a home weather station.

GSP gets SLAMMED with the 00z EURO!!!! I am seeing nearly .55" of QPF and which should be nearly ALL SNOW!!!! I am jealous from casper...

This is like 3-4 runs in a row, and last time I seen this (atleast to this point) the upstate saw a very nice snowstorm in march. Mark this down...This will happen!!!!

I'm sure you've seen tons of snow up there in Casper already! ;)

Then again, there is something memorable about snowfalls in the Southeast. If I lived up north and got 6" I'd be happy, but not ecstatic, but when you get 6" of snow down here it's something special.

I can't take it anymore, I have to ask...qpf amounts....how does RDU compared to GSP and the coastal plains? I can't see the specifics of the Euro, yet...I have to wait another hour or so, whenever Accuwx Pro updates.

Edit: NEVERMIND! Answered by Queencitywx above, thank you for reading my mind.

If the 0z EURO verified...I-85 from Atlanta to Greensboro and I-40 from Nashville to Raleigh will be a disaster for all the people driving during the Christmas Holiday. If you took the timing verbatim, those travelling would be better off getting to your destination by Christmas Eve and riding it out.

Archived