e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Christmas Storm II

Cold Rain

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the GGEM worked out for NC and the northern Upstate like its showing, it would be the worst snowstorm here in a very long time for several reasons. One is the cold ground, extremely cold now. Two, the arctic blast coming in would cement everything and it would look like the Dakotas for a week or so.Winds, extreme wind chills and some subzero temps most likely in the piedmont. Unreal possibilty. I'm actually pulling for that extreme even though its probably overdone and would mess up next week's plans and really I'm already tired of the cold weather.

Wouldn't mind an 89/90 if this came true...

Wouldn't mind an 89/90 if this came true...

me either . If we can get lucky and land a 6" snowfall, I'll be ecstatic over this winter and couldn't care less about going into January in shorts. I was actually expecting the other shoe to drop by then, but it looks delayed. Esp. if the historic cold shot the GFS has coming , really happens. I thnk we lose the blocking but get a strong PNA that dumps the mother lode of arctic air on us. But at some point, this will end and we'll be way above normal.

me either . If we can get lucky and land a 6" snowfall, I'll be ecstatic over this winter and couldn't care less about going into January in shorts. I was actually expecting the other shoe to drop by then, but it looks delayed. Esp. if the historic cold shot the GFS has coming , really happens. I thnk we lose the blocking but get a strong PNA that dumps the mother lode of arctic air on us. But at some point, this will end and we'll be way above normal.

Hopefully we can call that time period "March".

Looks like for us folks here in the Midlands of SC it's another on the edge kinda scenario. One for which we are far too accustomed too. The 12z GGEM looked great but the 0z, from my untrained eyes look like it leave us with mainly a cold rain. What happened, did the SLP shift more north than previously?

6"? Bah.. I'm still on a hunt for my foot. My hunt began in 1988 and won't stop until I find it! I was so close last year. I even had GSP forecast 12-16" during the Jan 30 storm but the sleet found me.

6"? Bah.. I'm still on a hunt for my foot. My hunt began in 1988 and won't stop until I find it! I was so close last year. I even had GSP forecast 12-16" during the Jan 30 storm but the sleet found me.

count yourself lucky. I got 2.5" and then it ended as soon as the forecast went out for 8 to 12".:axe: Euro is out to 30, no suprises yet.

count yourself lucky. I got 2.5" and then it ended as soon as the forecast went out for 8 to 12".:axe: Euro is out to 30, no suprises yet.

Robert, what are your thoughts on the central portions of SC and NC based on the model runs so far? I know the 12Z GGEM looked pretty good for us, or so I assumed.

Archived