Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Christmas Storm II

Cold Rain

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda off topic but don't drill me (Sorry lookout), I want to be able to disco the Euro tonight so I have a question...If anyone has experience w/ Accuweather Pro (I signed up for a trial), is there an easy way of viewing the 00z ECMWF when it comes out hour by hour, or does it just update all of the hours once it is completed? It doesn't highlight any of the hours as far as I'm concerned as they're coming out like the "rapid update" NAM they have on there.

The extracted euro data comes out fastest on AccuWx Pro, the maps dont update until about an hour afterward.

Compairing 0z Canadian surface features at 72hrs to 12z at 84 hours is interesting -- it's like all the main features are squenched closer together -- the surface low is east of the 12z position ... our big low off the NE coast is SW and the high pressure has nosed in SE. Not sure what all that means .....

the GFS goes on to show extreme cold air, and the heights are so low they're at the bottom of the scale in Canada. Around day 10 it brings in a superartcic outbreak. We're probably not done with the cold air anyway. I think this will be the 4th weekend in a row of snow in the NC piedmont. Could we be telling our grandkids about this pattern one day? Like our grandparents and parents did of Feb/March 1960? I hope so!

That is a lot warmer than the previous run, look at the 1000-700mb thickness line on the bottom left panel and compare it to 12z at the same time. Trough also does not look nearly as impressive as the 12z.

edit: never-mind, still a hit :thumbsup:

yeah it's a perfect track. plenty of cold air with heights literally collapsing over us. I think the SLP will be sub 1000mb before hitting the atlantic if this is the case.

the GGEm is the perfect scenario for the Southeast who are expecting snow, especially the Carolinas and north Ga. It looked a little south of the old run at 96 and beyond but I haven't studied the previous run that much., just glanced. I'd take this solution as a great snowstorm and be happy. Everythng comes together perfectly for many of us.

Archived