joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first thing I think about when I hear the name Prokofiev is that his was the composition of choice for Amy Irving's character in the 1980 film "The Competition".  Irving's character, Heidi Joan Schoonover, was going to play a piece by Mozart for a prestigious San Francisco piano competition; but as she entered into the first few bars of the concerto, the fact that her piano was improperly tuned became readily apparent.  Irving stopped playing immediately and went offstage.  She then requested a change in program to the Prokofiev...much to the consternation of the conductor.  But Irving's teacher, an influential and strong willed woman played by the late Lee Remick, strong armed the conductor verbally...memorably stating, "It costs extra to carve schm*ck on a tombstone Andrew...but you would definitely be worth the expense."  The conductor relented...the new scores were brought up from the library...Irving played brilliantly...and, more impressively, the brilliance was exuded via an extraordinarily difficult and complex piece of music.  The following day, her character took first prize in the contest. 

Yeah we left as the heavier stuff moved in last night.

We also left when i ran out of money...but ill keep pretending it was only because of my daughter lol.

Out with my gf at the palisades mall now waiting at cheesecake factory for dinner. Its been horrible out there today, drizzle and light rain and raw! Ughhh

Out with my gf at the palisades mall now waiting at cheesecake factory for dinner. Its been horrible out there today, drizzle and light rain and raw! Ughhh

You went to the sh*thole on a saturday 3 weeks before christmas? You crazy.

Ill go probably tmrw morning for last minute stocking stuff. I live like 3 minutes from there. In the better snow direction than TornadoJay.

lol relax man dynamic cooling will take care of this. We got a trend going on, the storm is showing more snow than yesterday. Let's see where we can go with this.

Im relaxed dude its only precipitation we're discussing. Im just pointing out that trying to nail down a CCB location or wraparound is a tough thing to do. Subsidence on either side of the CCB spells huge bust potential. Tough things to forecast. Good luck....you have a better shot up there than me in the NW Philly burbs.

lol relax man dynamic cooling will take care of this. We got a trend going on, the storm is showing more snow than yesterday. Let's see where we can go with this.

To be honest, if dynamic cooling fixed all of the problems, as stated now and in each of the previous storms, our areas would have closer to 15-30 inches of snow. Unfortunately, we have closer to a half inch for many areas. Is it possible that we get an inch of snow here? It definitely is. However, I wouldn't fall back on it. The main precip type in this storm is rain. We should expect it to be almost all rain given the guidance. I do agree though that this storm could have a few surprises up its sleeve. It'll be fun to see if we can somehow pull an inch or two of snow out of this after the rain

Archived