Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

funny, the modeled pattern change is at 300 hours and nobody is doubting it

Valid point but I think anyone with a functional IQ recognizes that 300 hour 'forcasts' are nothing more than a prism of knowledge into a dark universe of info. Prespective, just as in life, matters a great deal, as Im sure you know, in Metr.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 events in 18 years is rare ???? Also if they are so rare why are there some in this forum always expecting them every year including yourself ???? KU word is constantly be thrown around in this forum - in fact some are disappointed in a season without one

The last 18 years are an anomaly, I know that you're not that stupid.

Congrats, I just don't understand all the roof jumping on December 11th. What are the expectations around here these days? 30" by Christmas or bust?

I don't think many are jumping. I think the same 2 or 3 are jumping over and over so it just seems that way. As far as getting a KU/12"+ event maybe we will maybe we won't but I don't think how many we've had in the past 10-20 years dictates what we'll see this year.

KU-type events are overrated, anyway. Picking up a surprise 6" from a clipper can be more exciting than clutching for the low end of a 12-16" range in a big nor'easter.

KU's will never be overrated because they are such an anomaly that's it's tough not to be an awe of them when they occur. What I don't want is to see a KU and then a huge torch and rain that wipes everything out 2-3 days later.

If it was that option versus consistent cold and nickle and dime events keeping a prolonged snow pack then I'll take that over the KU. KU's are great when they occur but the after can suck.

KU's will never be overrated because they are such an anomaly that's it's tough not to be an awe of them when they occur. What I don't want is to see a KU and then a huge torch and rain that wipes everything out 2-3 days later.

If it was that option versus consistent cold and nickle and dime events keeping a prolonged snow pack then I'll take that over the KU. KU's are great when they occur but the after can suck.

Most people in these parts seemed disgusted by our most recent NESIS-rated event.

Given all the big forecasts, I think many went all in and expected an end to end 95-96 type winter.

I'm still calling for a top 5 Winter of all time, with 3 or 4 high end events. With one of them occuring in late December, one in early January and then two in February with a quiet period from around Martin Luther King Day to Valentines Day.

Archived