• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

Here's a question.....when would everyone PREFER to get snow? In other words, if you had a choice of placing a 2 month period of cold, snowy weather.....when would it be ? I would take it between December 15th and February 15th. That's the time that I really consider the heart of winter. Snow-wise, it is usually more ideal for larger storms (especially in February) and I love the snow during shorter days. Often many people have a tendency to consider winter "screwed" if we do not have cold and snow from December 15th to March 15th, I think. The reality is that it really will almost never happen. At first glance, thinking of 2 solid months of winter sounds awesome to us all I'm sure. However, realizing that in having that, we leave out around a month and a half of potential wintry times, it's easy to call a winter "not as good as it could have been", though it really is a top notch winter. Think of how difficult it is to stay above 90 degrees with torrential rains every few days for months and months. Just about impossible. Same thing applies to winter. So, what would everyone's "magic 2 week" period be ?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a question.....when would everyone PREFER to get snow? In other words, if you had a choice of placing a 2 month period of cold, snowy weather.....when would it be ? I would take it between December 15th and February 15th. That's the time that I really consider the heart of winter. Snow-wise, it is usually more ideal for larger storms (especially in February) and I love the snow during shorter days. Often many people have a tendency to consider winter "screwed" if we do not have cold and snow from December 15th to March 15th, I think. The reality is that it really will almost never happen. At first glance, thinking of 2 solid months of winter sounds awesome to us all I'm sure. However, realizing that in having that, we leave out around a month and a half of potential wintry times, it's easy to call a winter "not as good as it could have been", though it really is a top notch winter. Think of how difficult it is to stay above 90 degrees with torrential rains every few days for months and months. Just about impossible. Same thing applies to winter. So, what would everyone's "magic 2 week" period be ?

I agree. Don't care for snow beyond late February. Usually ready for spring by that point. I wouldn't mind it earlier in December though

Can someone post the euro agao for saturday/saturday night near hershey For me? Thanks! Last minute decision making lol

The Euro has rain for Hershey Friday night, showers Saturday morning, and steady rain Saturday afternoon and night. By Sunday they are a tick too far West for the coastal, but it's close.

The Euro has rain for Hersey Friday night,

I wouldn't admit that...it is hearsay...moreover, I think it is scientific heresy.  Especially when eating chocolate candy. 

I wouldn't admit that...it is hearsay...moreover, I think it is scientific heresy. Especially when eating chocolate candy.

Pure cacao with the darkest undertones.....The richest ones are often the most blasphemous, though supposedly "food of the Gods". We need a storm to track don't we ? Lol

I would tend to believe this rather then the soon to be defunct GFS and its solution

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/ecmwf/2014120312/ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_8.png

Hard to ever really go full force against the Euro.....at the very least it gives us something to track. Although probably not snow or much frozen for most here, it sure beats warm AND dry

The Euro makes things interesting which is always good. Whether it's right or not is a completely different story but there's some support of a potential coastal. I would strongly lean on wet though before any frozen.

The active pattern is really good because if things do change then we'll have more chances for frozen. We can thank the El Niño for the increase in activity.

We desperately need to ban everyone who can't distinguish between "your" and "you're". That would solve so many problems.

im not teleconnections his name is Charles and he's in high school. My name is Anthony and I'm in my late 20's. Who the f are you to decide wether I should get banned or not you little shrimp Colton. Get a life neckbone! You're only making yourself look stupid so please don't talk to me, or about me and steer clear off my posts you dweeb!

im not teleconnections his name is Charles and he's in high school. My name is Anthony and I'm in my late 20's. Who the f are you to decide wether I should get banned or not you little shrimp Colton. Get a life neckbone! You're only making yourself look stupid so please don't talk to me, or about me and steer clear off my posts you dweeb!

Qfp

TonyNeedsAnotherTimeOut

TeleConnectSnow might actually be worse, hard to tell

I've actually contemplated the possibility that they are the same person.

yanks we all know we are 2 different people stop with your junk posts. I can appreciate your PBP but Anthony is a way better poster than you any day!

yanks we all know we are 2 different people stop with your junk posts. I can appreciate your PBP but Anthony is a way better poster than you any day!

I am not charles. That was Charles DeChristopher from cherry hill who posted on LWB. Im Hurr_Tracker13. Everyone knows this already. I bring way more to the table than you do tony loves snow.

I am not charles. That was Charles DeChristopher from cherry hill who posted on LWB. Im Hurr_Tracker13. Everyone knows this already. I bring way more to the table than you do tony loves snow.

yes that's why they banned you from lwb and they made me a moderator. Just ignore my posts and don't direct your negativity towards if you think you're better than me. We could both learn from each other. I know plenty about weather, heck I've been a weather weenie since I was 4 years old. I am definitely still learning a lot especially from better posters on here like Anthony, yanks, AllSnow, Paul, snowgoose, John... just to name several names. Yes , I agree your a enthusiastic poster but it seems to me that you always come on here to discourage people about a storm cancel or winter cancel. You are talented without a doubt just don't be so mean otherwise people won't like you.

yes that's why they banned you from lwb and they made me a moderator. Just ignore my posts and don't direct your negativity towards if your think your better than me. We could both learn from each other. I know plenty about weather, heck I've been a weather weenie since I was 4 years old. I am definitely still learning a lot especially from better posters on here like Anthony, yanks, AllSnow, Paul, snowgoose, John... just to name several names. Yes , I agree your a enthusiastic poster but it seems to me that you always come on here to discourage people about a storm cancel or winter cancel. You are talented without a doubt just don't be so mean otherwise people won't like you.

I wasn't banned? I left after hearing someone with your background became a MOD and came here lol. I can log in right now if I want to. But that site is a joke now.

I wasn't banned? I left after hearing someone with your background became a MOD and came here lol. I can log in right now if I want to. But that site is a joke now.

just give it up and focus on the weather. You've always hated me and you still do. I don't hate you and I still respect you because your a weenie like me deep down. Lwb is a good site and there are some talented people on there, I just come here also cause there's more live updates plus it's a much easier site to use with tapatalk. Now just ignore my posts and we'll be okay or don't talk shyt and I'll be fine with your posts too.

just give it up and focus on the weather. You've always hated me and you still do. I don't hate you and I still respect you because your a weenie like me deep down. Lwb is a good site and there are some talented people on there I just come here also eva use there's more live updates and it's a much easier site to use with tapatalk. Now just ignore my posts and we'll be okay or don't talk shyt and I'll be fine with your posts too.

I'm sure you do love this site since me and others have caught you copying down WORD for WORD what PRO's / MET's say on here and take credit on liveweatherblogs and try to impress people. good day its a waste to talk to you.

I'm sure you do love this site since me and others have caught you copying down WORD for WORD what PRO's / MET's say on here and take credit on liveweatherblogs and try to impress people. good day its a waste to talk to you.

I copied AllSnow's PBP once years ago, cause I was at work that day and I had no access to my computer, therefore I couldn't access the models Euro run I think it was about a potential storm "February nor'easter 2013" just move on! Take care and have a nice day!

Lolz

Both TeleConnectSnow and TonyLovesSnow need an extended time out since currently they care more about verbal jabs towards each other and not contributing anything noteworthy to the forum. SnoSki is teetering on banishment too but has seemed to have quelled himself today for the time being

Isn't this a banter thread?

Its a banter thread BUT personal attacks are still not allowed. If you have a beef with someone take it PM, dont do it here. Its like high school bullying, calling colton "a little shrimp"? That is just lame. BANTER is joking around and just talking OT, MODS have already said no matter what section personal attacks are NOT ALLOWED

Its a banter thread BUT personal attacks are still not allowed. If you have a beef with someone take it PM, dont do it here. Its like high school bullying, calling colton "a little shrimp"? That is just lame. BANTER is joking around and just talking OT, MODS have already said no matter what section personal attacks are NOT ALLOWED

personal attacks? we have known eachother for 2 - 3 years. we are not attacking each other, just a disagreement

personal attacks? we have known eachother for 2 - 3 years. we are not attacking each other, just a disagreement

Your posts say otherwise in the previous page and seems more like a pissing match IMO. Basically, any confrontation take to PM and lets atleast keep the banter thread clean of "disagreements" etc. im admin/moderator for other forums and this right here wouldnt happen. Rules are clearly stated upon membership approval as is with this site. Mods have been more than lenient compared to other forums im part of elsewhere thats for sure.

Archived