joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible NYC snow Wed Night or Thursday

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The algo on this Euro chart must not think the precip will be heavy enough to dynamically cool east NYC.

I wonder how they do their calculations? Maybe it's just straight BL above freezing? Matches closer to

Mt. Holly.

attachicon.gif1544284_779953812051879_4617859261481018026_n.jpg

attachicon.gifB.jpg

Out of all the Euro snowfall maps this site usually is the closest to reality

I really don't see the "foliage" or lack there of by now being an issue but any heavy wet snow can cause some damage to power lines and it may knock down a few branches. I'm sure the NWS mentioned this already and usually the problems start once you hit 6"+. 

Also what is the start time for everything like the first rains and when it possibly transitions?

Great trends today from the Euro and the nam although nam is pointless. I only look at nam 24hours or closer to the event. This has a classic nor'easter signature and I've been saying this and I'll keep saying it NYC is getting at least 4 inches out of this. Maybe even 6-8 depends on how strong the storm. Hopefully the storm hits benchmark and trends a little stronger by wednesday.

The algo on this Euro chart must not think the precip will be heavy enough to dynamically cool east NYC.

I wonder how they do their calculations? Maybe it's just straight BL above freezing? Matches closer to

Mt. Holly.

attachicon.gif1544284_779953812051879_4617859261481018026_n.jpg

attachicon.gifB.jpg

maps clearly WAY to conservative no way those are the amounts with that euro track...srry. upton almost has the 4-6 into the city that map has 1 inch...its wrong 

The 18z RGEM has NYC over to snow by 16z or so it starts as some sort of RAPL or RASN mix even western to central LI is snow by 20z, remember RGEM not great at more than 36 hours and it's 06 and 18z runs can be off but it's track is similar to most guidance. The RGEM was on fire last winter and it already nailed the southern plains snow last week

The 18z RGEM has NYC over to snow by 16z or so it starts as some sort of RAPL or RASN mix even western to central LI is snow by 20z, remember RGEM not great at more than 36 hours and it's 06 and 18z runs can be off but it's track is similar to most guidance. The RGEM was on fire last winter and it already nailed the southern plains snow last week

Yes.  Did terrific in the storm the day after the SB if I recall correctly as well as the redeveloping clipper to overperformer we had in mid -late January.

Lee Goldberg is a degreed met and one of the best in the business.

Please get your facts straight.

Agreed the guy has forgotten more then most on here know.

He made a good point about elevation in November snow storms. I still think there are accumulation issues below 800'. Where the best dynamics are and rates though someone even low and coastal is in for a 6" plus surprise

Archived