• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal

Coach McGuirk

Then I don't think it was the stormvista one as it kept the accumulating snow west of the city.

SV gives DC ~3", but all falls in a 3 hour period when temps cooperate....We know the drill...west would do well, and we would do ok, and see some pics of decks and dogs...still, a 2" grass and deck storm for us would be pretty neat in November...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be at my sister's house outside of Reisterstown Wed and Thurs at about 750 feet, so if a Euro-ish solution verifies I will be outside sledding with the kids. If the storm is weaker or tracks further east, I will just stay inside and drink more and play video games. Oh and watch football and get fat.

Been in South Carolina since Thursday, so it would suck to miss a decent snow, but that would make it two years in a row missing a storm.

That said, I really don't think I have anything to worry about. Far more likely to be a cold rain ending in slop than a significant accumulating snowfall.

No, I don't think rain ending as slop as more likely.  I think the storm being OTS is the more likely scenario.  I think a predominant rain storm is a low likelihood right now. 

I'll be at my sister's house outside of Reisterstown Wed and Thurs at about 750 feet, so if a Euro-ish solution verifies I will be outside sledding with the kids. If the storm is weaker or tracks further east, I will just stay inside and drink more and play video games. Oh and watch football and get fat.

yeah Reisterstown does pretty well in the snow dept they are often snow when I turn over or shortly after.

Overall slightly stronger in SLP and a smudge warmer compared to 12z GFS, I don't see a noticeable shift in position.

Looks very similar to 12z to me. maybe a tad colder 850s? Surface looks about the same but I haven't done a detailed comparison. Still warm at the start, and approaching freezing towards the end of the event.

Mount Holly seems fairly bullish on this storm..... AFD-

ADVISE ALL WITH TRAVEL PLANS WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT IN OUR
FORECAST AREA TO CLOSELY MONITOR FUTURE FORECASTS. THIS COULD BECOME
A SNOW STORM FOR PORTIONS OF OUR FORECAST AREA WITH PLOWABLE SNOW
AND NEAR FREEZING TEMPERATURES....ESPECIALLY THE INTERSTATE 95 CORRIDOR.

THAT WOULD MEAN A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT DUE TO HOLIDAY TRAVEL AND ONE
OF THE BUSIEST AIR TRAVEL DAYS OF THE YEAR.

IF THIS FORECAST REMAINS SIMILAR SUNDAY...BRIEFING PACKAGES WOULD
BEGIN SUNDAY AFTERNOON AROUND 330 PM.

Mount Holly seems fairly bullish on this storm..... AFD-

ADVISE ALL WITH TRAVEL PLANS WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT IN OUR

FORECAST AREA TO CLOSELY MONITOR FUTURE FORECASTS. THIS COULD BECOME

A SNOW STORM FOR PORTIONS OF OUR FORECAST AREA WITH PLOWABLE SNOW

AND NEAR FREEZING TEMPERATURES....ESPECIALLY THE INTERSTATE 95 CORRIDOR.

THAT WOULD MEAN A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT DUE TO HOLIDAY TRAVEL AND ONE

OF THE BUSIEST AIR TRAVEL DAYS OF THE YEAR.

IF THIS FORECAST REMAINS SIMILAR SUNDAY...BRIEFING PACKAGES WOULD

BEGIN SUNDAY AFTERNOON AROUND 330 PM.

Heavy snow at 33 degrees in late November would pile up. The sun is totally wimpy after about 4:00 PM. Is 33 degrees in late November somehow different than in February? I would think it is even more conducive to snow in November...

Heavy snow at 33 degrees in late November would pile up. The sun is totally wimpy after about 4:00 PM. Is 33 degrees in late November somehow different than in February? I would think it is even more conducive to snow in November...

Temps will also be kinda warm the day before. What kind of an effect will that have?

It's always a fun time up here.  Glad you can join us.   :snowing:

It's always a fun time up here.  Glad you can join us.   :snowing:

Archived