CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal

Coach McGuirk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS did pretty well last year. The Euro has promised quite a few snowstorms the past couple of years that it didn't come close on.

on a couple of events...it did well on the 12/8 event I believe...and it caught on late but was more consistent toward the end on the 1/21 event...otherwise the euro bludgeoned it most of the time...I think it is getting upgrades soon...it is a valuable model as part of a suite, but it is not a good model for coastal winter storms at all....and unfortunately, that is how we judge it...not by verification scores...anyway, curious if the canadian catches on

on a couple of events...it did well on the 12/8 event I believe...and it caught on late but was more consistent toward the end on the 1/21 event...otherwise the euro bludgeoned it most of the time...I think it is getting upgrades soon...it is a valuable model as part of a suite, but it is not a good model for coastal winter storms at all....and unfortunately, that is how we judge it...not by verification scores...anyway, curious if the canadian catches on

XBOX not even close. If the euro is more right than it, I am scared of it taking over for current GFS. 

The GFS did pretty well last year. The Euro has promised quite a few snowstorms the past couple of years that it didn't come close on.

Gfs is good with NS in the mid range. Euro can be amp happy with those. Euro is really good with miller A's. It can also be amp happy with those but gets the track right first and sticks to it.

I'm with matt. The gfs looked great and the euro will likely be a similar version of 12z. It's a legit threat. We can dissect surface and qpf now for the most part. We'll need rates near the cities. No way around that.

Archived