Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal

Coach McGuirk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect C.A.P.E.'s interest will suddenly peak     lol

lol well I am going to be in Reisterstown for the holiday which is the area where I expect it would snow if its gonna happen. Still be surprised if areas on the coastal plain get slammed. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

Raw surface temps are between 32-34 through the heavy rates and then go below freezing as it shuts off. It would stick no problem. 10-1 ratios unlikely but it would be a major accumulating snowfall if the euro has it right. 

even if it ends up being a rain storm, to have that kind of slp crawling up the coast in late Novie during a warming NINO makes me think this winter will be lots of fun

even if it ends up being a rain storm, to have that kind of slp crawling up the coast in late Novie during a warming NINO makes me think this winter will be lots of fun

All guidance has midlevels cold enough during the period. The only real flaw is surface. But a storm like this would easily stick even @ 35-36 at the surface. 

Between 1-7pm wed .6-.7 qpf falls through the metros and burbs. Verbatim that would be 6 hours of low vis heavy snow. 

Stop it.  I'm already feeling so sick to my stomach.

Dude, this is a sickness.  I am seriously contemplating bailing on my family for Thanksgiving.  I need to be slapped.

I am hoping that at least half of the EURO ensembles have the storm looking something like this... it would be a tad disappointing if the OP was on its own IMO

Half of the 0z ens members supported an event with impact. A quarter or so showed a pretty big event. We'll see how it looks in a couple hours. My guess is more come on board. It's been a steady increase each run. 

Archived