joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Obs

jburns

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0.27" and 58.3 with winds out of the NE.  High today was 68.2 at 4:37 AM.  Looks like another batch of rain about to move through Spartanburg in the next half hour.  Also looks like I finally get a reprieve from watering the fescue I planted after being hot and windy all week.

I sure wish some would come my way. It's been really dry here for the last 6 months. There have been many times where it rained like hell all around me...in a couple of cases like 4 to 6 inches while virtually nothing fell here.   I've been left high and dry long enough that the ponds are way down.

Pretty cool visible satellite showing the advancing wedge. Especially north of gainesville as you can see the leading edge bulging westward.

Nice temp gradient.

lol - great post, let me know what was going on quickly :)  was in athens this weekend (my grandmom's 101st birthday!!), left my parents about an hour and a half ago, sunny and 78 got home (about an hour or so drive) and its 60 foggy and drizzling lol

amazing spread for 50 or 60 miles.  looks like a bunch of rain fell while i was gone, around 1.75"

lol - great post, let me know what was going on quickly :)  was in athens this weekend (my grandmom's 101st birthday!!), left my parents about an hour and a half ago, sunny and 78 got home (about an hour or so drive) and its 60 foggy and drizzling lol

amazing spread for 50 or 60 miles.  looks like a bunch of rain fell while i was gone, around 1.75"

Looks like Gainesville is about 63 and Atlanta is 85. Amazing..

Similar to yesterday, the  wedge is still evident on visible, but you can see it being erased with the SE flow today. We're already 15 degrees warmer than yesterday on this side of Raleigh.

vis.jpg

It is being eroded here as well.  I am 12 degrees higher than this time yesterday, and beginning to get some peaks of sun.

After peaking at a temp of 77 with a 72 DP we have managed to "cool" down to 73 with a DP of 70......I hate running the AC in Oct......was cool yesterday had the windows open all day with a nice NE breeze and temps in the 60's, we need a real red meat cold front with 5-7 days of true below normal temps and a frost/freeze in here ASAP......

Beautiful sun fill sky here in Otown. Since most of the lift is heading NE hope the trailing front drops some rain later this evening. Don't look like much of a severe threat here in central FL other than some gusty winds with the storms but should stay near/under severe limits. Though could use as much rain as possible. :maprain:

Beautiful sun fill sky here in Otown. Since most of the lift is heading NE hope the trailing front drops some rain later this evening. Don't look like much of a severe threat here in central FL other than some gusty winds with the storms but should stay near/under severe limits. Though could use as much rain as possible. :maprain:

I couldn't help but notice that you are in Orlando, FL and you had snow last winter ? 

Archived