• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Let's talk Winter!

Steve

I see OHweather just scored a snow day (cold day).... Ohio Univ closed tomorrow.   

I was a little surprised, but not complaining. Tomorrow morning could hit -20F here without wind chill, so we'll see if we at least get a late start tomorrow (I have an early test otherwise :P )

I'm pretty sure Athens has also had more snow this week than I saw during my entire 4 years there!

We got 1.1" Saturday, 3.7" Monday and 2.5" yestreday haha, so 7.3" in 5 days. We had snowier stretches last winter (and probably about 40" of seasonal snow, but I wasn't here all winter due to breaks and what not)...so two pretty good winters in a row here.

------------------------

Still not fully sampled, but it's intriguing to see this come in weaker once we get inside 3 days for the weekend system. Not what I was expecting. It's still possible that the shortwave comes in stronger and this bumps back north, but encouraging trends for a few inches for central Ohio Saturday into Saturday night.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WSW and watches to our south...i am completely lost as to what to expect for this upcoming storm!!

Haven't been following too closely eh lol. Here's my point forecast

Friday Night A chance of snow after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 9. Light south wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Snow. High near 34. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Saturday Night Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Sunday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5. Chance of precipitation is 30%

One of the more seasoned TV mets down here in Cincy just sent his daily e-mail....regarding the weekend he writes:

"At this point we are looking for accumulating snow Friday night into Saturday morning, a mix around midday, followed by some rain. This storm will be morphing as it develops and our forecast will go through some modification"

I think at the very least we may be in for quick thump on the front end.....question is how far north the quality qpf can get to the river and north towards CMH.

Too many variables to draw any conclusions at this point thru the next 18 hours.

As far as the cold, if the forecast through the rest of the month is anywhere close, we're looking at top 5 coldest February ever, and perhaps top 3.  The mean could drop into the teens, something we've not seen for any month since December 1989, and an occurrence that has happened only 11 times in the last 137 years.  If we were to use the current 7-day from ILN and the GFS the rest of the month, the mean would end up at 17.9, 2nd only to February 1978.

The fact that we can even be talking about getting a driving rainstorm or being on the mix line in that kind of pattern is just annoying as all hell.

waa events often over perform.  There will be a lot of moisture streaming north over top of the cold air as it's in retreat.... I think this is a nice setup for us regardless if we get some pinging or drizzle mixed in or at the end. 

ILN going with a general 2-4" call.   My guess is models start to come in a bit wetter in the next 24 hours and I think this one will meet low end warning criteria.   jmho

waa events often over perform. There will be a lot of moisture streaming north over top of the cold air as it's in retreat.... I think this is a nice setup for us regardless if we get some pinging or drizzle mixed in or at the end.

ILN going with a general 2-4" call. My guess is models start to come in a bit wetter in the next 24 hours and I think this one will meet low end warning criteria. jmho

I like how the Gulf is open 4 biz here so I don't want 2 jinx it but I think we may finally get an overperformer. Ugh, can't believe I just said that. Permission 2 bump this up later when we get our dusting. Lol

I like how the Gulf is open 4 biz here so I don't want 2 jinx it but I think we may finally get an overperformer. Ugh, can't believe I just said that. Permission 2 bump this up later when we get our dusting. Lol

I agree..have had a feeling about this one..but afraid to jump to high..lol

waa events often over perform.  There will be a lot of moisture streaming north over top of the cold air as it's in retreat.... I think this is a nice setup for us regardless if we get some pinging or drizzle mixed in or at the end. 

ILN going with a general 2-4" call.   My guess is models start to come in a bit wetter in the next 24 hours and I think this one will meet low end warning criteria.   jmho

Couldn't handle the Debbie Downer role, eh?

Archived