• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's talk Winter!

Steve

The 6z NAM for PKB is a THING OF BEAUTY. Hours of strong omega, peaking at -50 ub/s at about 600mb for a time! Decent lift in the dendrite growth zone here but a near freezing layer up to 850mb would probably result in large, wet flakes pouring down if that verified. I'm still worried about changeover too quickly here to get over 6", but there's some upside for whoever is sitting just north of the rain/snow line. Very strong low to mid-level jet and decent upper jet support will likely mean heavy/potentially convective precip for several hours for southern and into central Ohio.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z NAM is a small nudge south.

I agree.....this has big dog written all over it---in relative terms for SW Ohio-- so to clarify, I consider 6+ a big dog down here; we just can't get the real big totals that they get N/NW of here b/c we are usually on the warm side of things in those scenarios. But in my 47 years, typically we get these mixing scenarios which at the last minute the models/mets realize the cold is going to win and it stays on the frozen side. I still think CMH is the place to be from a comfort stand-point.

Buckeye-- you may have to change the animated gif in your signature line before too much longer....as the joke may be over.

Just noticed your screen name and picture of Tony Sands. As a kid, I really enjoyed listening to Tony. He had such a distinctive voice and affable style of presenting the weather. I wish he were still around.

Just noticed your screen name and picture of Tony Sands. As a kid, I really enjoyed listening to Tony. He had such a distinctive voice and affable style of presenting the weather. I wish he were still around.

He was the master---a true weather wizard without all the technology of today. He never parroted the NWS forecast like you get a lot of today on TV and my best memory of him was he called the Blizzard of 78 (or at least the impacts in Cincy) about a full day before everyone latched on to the outcome. He passed away in '99....but I owe my fascination in weather to him....

Archived