Toothache
Let's talk Winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok put up or shut up...

what's the Dilly forecast? B)

I'm going high... I think the changeover is overblown.... 6-8" of cement for CMH

From my page lol. But oddly enough if you look back when you first said you was playing debbie downer and I had to be optimistic I said cmh was getting 8-10" lmao. But looks like we're both going 6-8

post-1236-0-72727900-1424438173_thumb.pn

If it wasn't for the fact that we have another outbreak coming next week I probably would have little interest in this storm.  In fact if a warm up was coming next week, I wouldn't care what happens.  

But if we're going to take a fresh plunge into the freezer again, without any relief in the foreseeable future....I want as much snow cover as we can get.

From my page lol. But oddly enough if you look back when you first said you was playing debbie downer and I had to be optimistic I said cmh was getting 8-10" lmao. But looks like we're both going 6-8

I'll take that! My preliminary call here is 4-8" because I'm not convinced we won't see a slight bump north. However, your forecast is certainly possible for down here if we in fact don't see it bump north at all. This will be cement so should be fun!

I'll take that! My preliminary call here is 4-8" because I'm not convinced we won't see a slight bump north. However, your forecast is certainly possible for down here if we in fact don't see it bump north at all. This will be cement so should be fun!

Yea i made that up last night. I probably will revise it a little after 12z if they look similar to the 6z runs. They shifted north a bit. But enough to bring the heaviest band north some as well. You'll be safe at 4-8". Can't lose with it Unless 15" falls lol. I think you'll be high end on that though.

I do like how the Euro is not as warm as the GFS (correct me if I'm wrong).

I haven't dug into the details, but almost all the models try to work in enough warm to changeover tomorrow afternoon....the caveat is most of the precip has fallen by then and the tongue is more of a quick lick then a deep French.

I haven't dug into the details, but almost all the models try to work in enough warm to changeover tomorrow afternoon....the caveat is most of the precip has fallen by then and the tongue is more of a quick lick then a deep French.

LMAO! Buckeye, you should have been a writer! You missed your calling! BTW, let me know if you have a chance to look at temps on Euro.

I'm vested in Athens getting thumped.  I texted my daughter she's getting a foot Saturday :yikes:

:lol:

Pick your poison with the 9z SREF for PKB...tight clustering between 7.5"-11.5"...two high members of 14-15"...5 low members (due to mixing) with less than 6" (although only 2 under 2.5")...mean of 8.3" (mean QPF over 1.5"). Biggest worry here is mixing. If we can even keep that just to our south I'm impressed with the chances of at least 6" of cement, but that's the question mark.

Yup, I thought about that storm as well.  I remember the morning before that storm, some of the sr models, like the rgem were trending warmer.   NAM was pushing the 850's north of us.  Everyone here was jumping off the bridge.   You're right, high rates saved us and we ended up with 10" of cement.   Southern OH also did well.

I'm always skeptical of forecasts that say   'x' amount of snow---->to rain----->back to snow.     If we thump in the beginning, but the precip slacks off, then yes, I think that opens in opportunity for a changeover, but if the precip is steady, I'm not so sure.

Snow to rain to snow is very rare, as has been mentioned before.  We will either stay snow or go over to rain and stay rain through the end. 

I now have my fellow coworker looking at me, trying to figure out why I was laughing.

If you don't follow weather they don't really see the humor.

Archived