Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Let's talk Winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I done made my call. I'm actually putting out a map later on showing potential low tracks for my FB followers. As of now I like the low tracking through KY to WV. Believe it or not without having my leg pulled too much I actually am optimistic about this one.. Can't think of too many years where literally everyone had a big snow but IND-CMH so I believe this is our 6"+ event.

I done made my call. I'm actually putting out a map later on showing potential low tracks for my FB followers. As of now I like the low tracking through KY to WV. Believe it or not without having my leg pulled too much I actually am optimistic about this one.. Can't think of too many years where literally everyone had a big snow but IND-CMH so I believe this is our 6"+ event.

Are you being serious or just playing overly optimistic right now at the request of Buckeye?

this one is gonna suck like the last two.   We knew it too with the last one, go back and read our thoughts around Feb10,11...many here knew this was gonna screw us except I was stupid and didn't believe you.  You all told me.....

...it was going to amp and go north like the early Feb storm.

by the way, 4 days out, Feb12th, was when the south trend started, and we were all like :tomato: .   and it kept going and we were all like :mellow: and kept going :yikes:  and never came back enough :weep:

Are you being serious or just playing overly optimistic right now at the request of Buckeye?

A little of both lol. But I am optimistic in this one. If this goes north of us, you can forget the north and south trends cause there is only one trend at that point. The trend to screw Central Ohio lol

Starting to actually get some decent model agreement and some sense of run to run consistency too.  I think this looks like a snow/sleet slop fest to plain rain thanks to strong WAA.  How much snow and sleet we start with is the big question but a good dose of cold rain is appearing more likely for the main part of the precip.

Starting to actually get some decent model agreement and some sense of run to run consistency too. I think this looks like a snow/sleet slop fest to plain rain thanks to strong WAA. How much snow and sleet we start with is the big question but a good dose of cold rain is appearing more likely for the main part of the precip.

I truly hope you're just kidding and being debbie downer like Buckeye, Mike. If not this may be a candidate for the most ridiculous post of 2015 lol.

With exact tract, sure.  We do know, however, that it will not hit I-70.. at least not with snow.

No, sorry, we don't know that. It's not like there's some winter long pattern that is preventing us from hitting snow. It's just bad luck on timing. The only differences in the SB storm, the one yesterday, and the one being modeled later is timing. That comes down to blind luck. To say otherwise is more sour grapes than science.

No, sorry, we don't know that. It's not like there's some winter long pattern that is preventing us from hitting snow. It's just bad luck on timing. The only differences in the SB storm, the one yesterday, and the one being modeled later is timing. That comes down to blind luck. To say otherwise is more sour grapes than science.

I'm basing it on climo combined with performance so far.  Sure, there's nothing to say we absolutely can't be hit, but there's nothing to say we will be, either. 

Edit: 0z GFS :flood:  

Overachiever alert.... Getting better snow now than on Monday! Morning commute is a disaster!!!

Most models showed southern Ohio getting 2-3". Actually looks crappy to me. Getting sheared apart as it moves across ohio. Was organized now it's just a torn up mess in pieces. Congrats though. Maybe you'll hit top end 3".

Looks too far north of I-70 in Ohio.  Euro is warm and wet along with the GFS.  We can kiss this one good bye 

I'm sure there were some lining up at the cliff's edge last night after the 00z runs came in.   But when I see a jump like that in the models 4-5 days out, whatever direction, it's usually a B.S. red flag.   Sure enough the 6z gfs came off it's high, and instead of a 1003 low to eastern IN, we have a weak POS low in KY. 

I'm still not convinced that this is going north.  

Let's get this shot of cold in here later today and tomorrow....probably the most severe cold shot, relative to the time of the season, that we've seen in the last two years.  Once that airmass is in place and realized and the energy coming in is better sampled, we'll have a much better idea of what's going to happen....and that's probably another 36-48 hrs out.

Could it still amp up and rain?  sure    Could this turn into a frontal passage with a negligible wave?  sure   But laying a claim on one of those solutions now is pure guessing, and luck if you end up being right.

Ok...back to being DD....it's gonna fcking rain

we've got enough snow on the ground to cover the grass completely.  However much that is, 2" .  Nice light snow falling now. 

CMH should crack 20" today on the season if they haven't already.     I think we have a solid chance to hit our seasonal average this year.  Barring a major event, this winter will get filed away in the 'winters we won't ever remember' file.... as the vast majority usually do.

Archived