• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Let's talk Winter!

Steve

??..Why...were usually treated as 2nd class citizens over there!! I have  no problem with this..but it seems like when you post there..some not all.. act like your stupid for even posting!!

Because it's the main thread specifically for this storm which is also affecting people outside of ohio.  It's not like this thread is invisible to anyone but the ohio guys.  

meh, just a suggestion, I didn't see a problem with it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the northern posters wont be there because this storm is missing them. It will still basically be the same guys as on here, with the addition of a few from IN and Ky

Exactly..the northern guys won't even be posting..because it's not their storm...everyone who will post about this storm have done so here..It's up to individual to where they post!

GFS says suppression with late week system. Have no reason to doubt it. Can't wait for 65°

and the ggem is a decent hit here.  Depends on when the arctic high gets in here.  It's all timing.    One thing though.  You better give up on 65 degrees.   I've never seen a gfs run like the 12z run.  Constant reinforcement of arctic highs thru day 10, at which it temporarily breaks down, and then starts again by end of run.    The southern jet is going to get active so there should be a lot of interesting weather somewhere depending on strength of storms coming out of the sw and the strength of the HP systems. 

Gfs tends to bias to suppression in the long term, so I'm not surprised that's what it's showing.  

I've never been a fan of late winters...at this point forward I'd gladly take a 60+ day over a <6" snowfall.   But we're stuck in a brutal cold pattern so I'll take all the snow we can muster up to insulate the ground.

Don't think it's gonna make it lol. Same for me haha.

I just posted in the main thread. radar indicating returns lightening up on the northern shield...especially east of CMH.  Might just be temporary or might be dry air fighting.   ggem was really pawltry with amounts other than the mountains in central and eastern KY and WV....    Still light snow here.

a few of the individual ens members of the euro ....for the 144 hr storm have cmh in the 'white'...forget the pink this time...we get white digital...which is close to 2' :lmao:

Dilly gonna be all over this one.... It's yours buddy!

you lost me when saying in the white lmao. Not to mention it's too late. Hoosier already started a thread for it lol

What is up with this cold? It is 13 below at Bolton field, ten below Don Scott, 15 below Lancaster. Was that predicted? Damn I am freezing. Looks nice out though....about 2.5-3 inches  here outside of West Jeff.

10 Below here in Newark..don't think they predicted that they would go this low!!

Kinda hope this doesn't happen!! Just snow please and lots of it~~You will not like the forecast for parts of the Corn Belt (KS....MO....IL....IN....OH) into Middle Appalachia. Ice storm threat growing for February 22-23. And severe thunderstorms may be an issue in parts of Dixie, too. Details a little later.....Larry C.

Kinda hope this doesn't happen!! Just snow please and lots of it~~You will not like the forecast for parts of the Corn Belt (KS....MO....IL....IN....OH) into Middle Appalachia. Ice storm threat growing for February 22-23. And severe thunderstorms may be an issue in parts of Dixie, too. Details a little later.....Larry C.

interesting call. I have yet to see a model show a widespread ice threat.  Where the mid and upper levels warm above freezing, so do the surface temps.  I haven't seen any model show a rain signal with below freezing surface temps....   yet

Well of course they get above frz..would not expect anything less..Just bring on spring..so sick of misses!!!

that's one model lol.   Euro is all snow.....ggem is all snow...and honestly I think this is more likely to trend south than north.   Without a way for the low to strengthen, moving out front of a pos tilted trough, it's going to be tough to get it to come too far north.   Just like the situation we just had when we were praying for a deeper, further north track. we have the same issue this time, but this time that might be a good thing.

Wait a minute what am I doing... F*ck it, we're gonna get rain.  I forgot I'm Debbie downing this one.

see Dilly for positive thoughts.

that's one model lol.   Euro is all snow.....ggem is all snow...and honestly I think this is more likely to trend south than north.   Without a way for the low to strengthen, moving out front of a pos tilted trough, it's going to be tough to get it to come too far north.   Just like the situation we just had when we were praying for a deeper, further north track. we have the same issue this time, but this time that might be a good thing.

Wait a minute what am I doing... F*ck it, we're gonna get rain.  I forgot I'm Debbie downing this one.

see Dilly for positive thoughts.

You are too funny! LOL. BTW, is striked statement above true or was it just a bunch of hullabaloo?

Archived