• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Discussion

TalcottWx

I didn't see that much CAPE on the Euro - but it's hard to read on the wxbell maps anyway. 

If nothing else the warm sector looked pretty expansive with the triple point fairly far northwest.

My concern with these setups always stems from crap-vection ahead of the main forcing and juxtaposition of instability/kinematics....sometimes the environment just becomes too supportive of precipitation development especially when you have little perturbations running out ahead of the main height falls. That'd be my main concern because models usually won't pick up on the effects of those features and the mitigating effect on instability thereafter. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably going to be one of those deals with an MCV like feature to look for. Otherwise, I don't think cells zipping along at 45 kts will do much. The classic setups had that. Revere...etc.

Edit: Not necessarily a MCV, but a cluster of shwrs/tstms along the triple point.

I was just thinking of something with regards to how expansive the warm sector is.  Typically we see cases where warm fronts can have trouble blowing too far northward during the spring/fall months, though typically I think spring has more issues.  However, given we are dealing with an intensifying surface low with increasing LLJ you have to wonder if this favors the warm front progressing further northward than what we normally may see.  The system won't be occluding as it approaches which is something that leads to a halt of the northward progression of the warm front.  

Archived