joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's post about heavy snow

TalcottWx

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the snow thrower shooting snow about 80 feet in the air, as well as what looks like Scollay Square, and of course the dude skiing down the street (Charlestown?).

Great stuff.  I will dig around, but my pics have all been put up here before.

That is Silver Street in South Boston on the backside of the heights. Good spot to chug beers on St. Paddy's day off the parade route to avoid open container violations :lol: :lol:

I'll have to dig up my personal pictures also, some of them I have never posted.

The paste bomb on Feb 24, 2010...this was a fun storm, but it got ruined by the retro-crap storm afterward. It was one of my favorite storms to forecast for...Scott (coastalwx) and I had been talking over the Euro thermal profiles at 925mb and how this would probably be way more snow than most forecast outlets were letting on. I ended up predicting 8-13" for ORH hills (the famous "fooking kook" comment from one of my clients)...and it was still too conservative.

Feb24_6am_Snowpic.jpg

The paste bomb on Feb 24, 2010...this was a fun storm, but it got ruined by the retro-crap storm afterward. It was one of my favorite storms to forecast for...Scott (coastalwx) and I had been talking over the Euro thermal profiles at 925mb and how this would probably be way more snow than most forecast outlets were letting on. I ended up predicting 8-13" for ORH hills (the famous "fooking kook" comment from one of my clients)...and it was still too conservative.

Feb24_6am_Snowpic.jpg

Ahhh I thought the Kook comment was from October 2011....so that's where that came from.

That Feb 2010 storm was awesome...like 20" of absolute paste up here. Just plastered sideways on the trees and stuff. The mountains got like 3" of QPF in like 24 hours on the east slopes.

Ahhh I thought the Kook comment was from October 2011....so that's where that came from.

That Feb 2010 storm was awesome...like 20" of absolute paste up here. Just plastered sideways on the trees and stuff. The mountains got like 3" of QPF in like 24 hours on the east slopes.

Nope it started in Feb 2010...all the TV outlets were going 1-3" and then I told them they would potentially be getting a foot plus of paste... thought I was nuts. :lol:

NWS BOX actually did ok in that one too..they were higher than the TV guys but still more like 6-10" in the hills. That and the March 2013 storm were probably the two biggest TV outlet debacles around here. Oct 2011 wasn't very good either...NWS took them to the woodshed.

But I won't pick on them too much because they've had some good ones as well. Dec '09 their forecasts were the best in showing the interior struggling to get much.

Archived