Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Let's post about heavy snow

TalcottWx

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your legend grew when you got smoked on that inverted trough event back on 12/20/07. I remember being like "what the hell.." when I saw how much you had.

I need to download the rad files into GR2A one of these days. I had 14" from that. I remember driving home from work after getting a good amount of snow in CON. After Canterbury, I could tell we got a lot more. I tried pulling into the driveway in my now dead Mazda and hit a brick wall. There weren't many reports from my area on the PNS though and those spots didn't have nearly what I received.

post-3-0-36405200-1411526260_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-78062600-1411526259_thumb.jpg

All time depth max Jan 28th 2011, 46 inches on the shed. 38 OTG on average in open lawn.

2010-2011 was a great winter... the number of people in New England that recorded 30"+ depths was enormous, even a good chunk hitting 36"+.  From all the way up here in NW New England down to you Ginxy.  Just big big winter.

This is from J.Spin's website after the March 6-7, 2001 storm...pretty much everyone up here was 30+ depths, with towns around the mountains getting upper 30s to low 40s for peak depths.

07MAR11F.jpg

This thread is great...just dump your New England past storm memorabilia in this thread.  A thread we can reference when we want to "weenie out" for a bit or relive past storms.  Great idea by the OP.

This wouldn't be complete without Cantore's thundersnow clip from ORH, haha.  I know you SNE guys have that one saved.

2010-2011 was a great winter... the number of people in New England that recorded 30"+ depths was enormous, even a good chunk hitting 36"+. From all the way up here in NW New England down to you Ginxy. Just big big winter.

This is from J.Spin's website after the March 6-7, 2001 storm...pretty much everyone up here was 30+ depths, with towns around the mountains getting upper 30s to low 40s for peak depths.

07MAR11F.jpg

yes it was, shoveling a moat to keep the dogs in

5c005f04.jpg

This thread is great...just dump your New England past storm memorabilia in this thread.  A thread we can reference when we want to "weenie out" for a bit or relive past storms.  Great idea by the OP.

This wouldn't be complete without Cantore's thundersnow clip from ORH, haha.  I know you SNE guys have that one saved.

Dec1996_radar.png

Archived