• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

It's a rough guide...not perfect on every point, particularly for the small area on LI that got the convective mesoscale jackpot in that August system. But it gets the idea across. It's been dry in the south and wet in the north.

Regardless what goes up ..must come down. Winter it obviously reverses with snowy south and dry,cold north

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z euro says next weekend is wet. earlier on in weekend, favors western part of state, but then further east as the weekend unfolds sees rain too. Spins late developing coastal up early in the week too. Rain chances continue in euro's pattern. past this weekend,

euro and gfs both agree to a pattern that develops zero heat or humidity. trof over the east and dip in jet stream doesn;t look to be going anywhere fast. Passage of front on Friday and early weekend looks to be quick shot of higher dewpoints then we really dry out onward. Fall is in full swing in terms of pwat through the rest of the run.

Interesting weather out in Phoenix... Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport broke it’s all-time calendar day rainfall record, posting an impressive 2.96 inches. The previous record, 2.91 inches, was set 81 years ago. 

Pretty interesting that this is their largest 24-hour rainfall amount, on any day, in a very long period of record.

Photo of Interstate-10.

BxBfRd1CIAAQgp3.jpg

Oh I knew, sorry it didn't come off like that. I was more tongue-in-cheek posting about the SLK record.

Near record temps would be fun and get some widespread frost/freezes I would assume for mid-September records.

mid Sept is very early for about 99.9% of CT for 32 degree temps. Maybe Bakersville section of New Hartford

Maybe some scattered frost in the usual colder interior spots?  Wouldn't be too unusual but it look like some record temps on some of the ensembles.

Yeah we'd almost certainly see widespread frost in NNE on the Euro and probably some in SNE in the usual spots. Big high pressure with like +2C 850 temps are going to cause the rad spots to plummet.

Interesting weather out in Phoenix... Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport broke it’s all-time calendar day rainfall record, posting an impressive 2.96 inches. The previous record, 2.91 inches, was set 81 years ago. 

Pretty interesting that this is their largest 24-hour rainfall amount, on any day, in a very long period of record.

Photo of Interstate-10.

Looks like they finished with 3.29". That slightly beats my highest calendar day precip since moving here.

I'm surprised you haven't had a larger one day total there....like some October nor'easter with tropical SE flow.

Mine is easily Irene...5.43" in a 24-hour period.

Wow, that kind of surprises me.

Again...I only keep track of calendar day precip in my climo data. There may be a 24hr period in there well over 3". I have 5 days over 3.00" and 10 over 2.50" which is decent for an 8 year span. I would've had some big days if I had moved here a couple months earlier than June 2006. I think I had over 13" of rain in Manchvegas in May 06.

Archived