joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We didn't have that at all last fall. Hopefully just a temporary feature in GOA, but not what you wanted to see heading into cool season. Nevertheless it is concerning

We had numerous complaints in September last year about the GOA vortex...all worried that it would stick around. It switched around at some point in October.

gy8b4_Uk_L5.png

I think October was above and September barely below.

October was a torch...esp the first half. The huge EPO ridge started establishing itself later that month and was full fledged by late November into December.

The GOA vortex started breaking down in early Oct last year but it took a few weeks to really cycle.

I don't see it that way at all really, Even looking at the GFS i see 70's and if its is 80 its not mid 80's plus i don't find that very unusual at all if we do hit an 80F day

It's not unusual. BDL's sept. avg high is 75. We still have a ways to go before 80 even registers a +10. No one's going to complain about sun and high 40s by night and high 70s by day.

It's not unusual. BDL's sept. avg high is 75. We still have a ways to go before 80 even registers a +10. No one's going to complain about sun and high 40s by night and high 70s by day.

Yeah, Looking at it up here its pretty much near normal over that stretch with nothing extreme either way

Looking at my record I see an 81° day as late as 10/27.  It takes till early October to see them fade.

I'm not complaining one bit!

Archived