Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z Models 12/20/2010

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its about as similar at 84 hours to the 06Z GFS at 90 hours as you can ever ask of the NAM at the end of its range.

This.

It can suffer from a problem where the entire height field is shifted slower and amped compared to the GFS (baroclinic_instability pointed this out in a previous topic), and that appears to be happening here slightly, but much less than the horrible 00Z run. Regardless, when that slight shift is taken out, it's basically a carbon copy of the 06Z GFS at 500mb.

What country in Europe is the 12Z GFS going to have the storm in? Anyone who has followed these things the last 5-10 years knows this is the GFS's "I gotta disagree as much as possible with the Euro" range.right now between 96-150 hours or so.

The GFS has initialized, I guess we will have the answer in about 30 mins or so.:P

i know, just pointing out its slower on the nam, but the low position is almost the same track through that time

track simular, speed difference though. maybe im just stupid :arrowhead:

It's more meaningful and easier to see if you post maps that are valid at the same time. Just trying to help!

gfs_pcp_090s.gif

nam_pcp_084s.gif

Archived