Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
12z Models 12/20/2010

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By 102 hours the shortwave is into Northeast Texas. Big time northern stream shortwave is making it's presence known over the N Plains now. That being said..the confluent flow over the Northeast could make it a bit more difficult for this thing to climb the coast if the phase doesn't occur at an opportune time. We will see.

One thing's for sure..it's much slower and has a completely different H5 solution than the GFS.

So...much...modelology.

I think what folks ought to do -- and this is what I plan to do -- is turn off the computer till Wednesday night. Check the models then. If it still shows a storm, then I'd get excited. In the meantime, enjoy the shortest day of the year and upcoming holidays or something.

Finally, a voice of reason! Actually most of us would love to do what you suggest, but with a possible snowstorm impending find it impossible. At this point watching the cycle to cycle trends and looking for model consensus is a useful waste of our time! :arrowhead:

Yes--but the later phase allows the shortwave to gain longitude. Lots of things arguing for a solution at least slightly east of the 00z run--but who knows. When big H5 phases/captures happen like this it is often hard to analyze and extrapolate a model.

I think this run is going to look bleak for most, but it may bend due N in time to nail e NE.

I think this run is going to look bleak for most, but it may bend due N in time to nail e NE.

H5 capture now going at 150 hrs. 988 due east of Cape May (not close to the coast, but moving at a due north heading). Moderate precip NJ shore to NYC..LI..and SNE.

hr144 its phasing but slightly too late for southern MA. SNE looks to get crushed!

Yea, that is what it looked like to me eary on.

NBD for those who got brushed....just noise.

Archived