Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Significant SVR risk 7/14 or 7/15

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z NAM is developing a wave of low pressure near Baltimore, if legit, it will really aid in the turning of winds. It has a spoke of vorticy riding the NJ coast today and a spike in the LLJ that it just slightly displaced to the east of us. Honestly, I'm a little concerned. If we can realize these higher CAPE values by early afternoon we might get red boxed today.

Very heavy rain yesterday. Flash flooding was horrible in the urban areas..this has been a great year for storms in my area. Have not seen this much in years

Definitely. Just need one to combine all the elements. We got the damaging winds last week but with no rain or lightning, the week before incredible rain/lightning storms..and alot of run of the mill thunderstorms which are still cool

This is about as high as our dew points can go around here. Generally widespread 74-77F dews. That type of airmass invites convection when you have a strong forcing mechanism.

think once the sun comes out even in my area it will not be long before we start to see some convection and strong convection at that fire up. if there was ever a red box day today IS the day, even for my area for those discreet cells out ahead of the main line my friend

I'm not enthused on severe threat. There's not enough fuel to add to the fire unless we magically clear out for a couple hours.

It'll be mostly a heavy rain threat like yesterday.

this is totally false, SVR factors are already skyrocketing around the area, a few hours of sun will percolate the atmosphere extremely fast  and the rest will be history my friend. exciting to say the least, coming from me in the convection black hole as well! :lol:

I have to say these are some of the more impressive shear profiles that I've seen in awhile coupled with decent instability. Might surprise some folks.

eshr.gif?1405435045946

we are already leaps and bounds ahead of the game compared to yesterday when the best bulk shear was west of us and never really had very good backing winds either. even LI has a very good shot at some discreet cell action before the mainline this afternoon/evening

POWER OUTAGES CAUSED BY LIGHTNING AND TREE DAMAGE COULD BE EXTENSIVE.   .....JOY 

once again trees and power outages - how many storms do we have to go through before the power companies and towns realize it would be less expensive in the long run to make an effort to cut all trees near the lines down or below   the power line ???? :facepalm:

I have to say these are some of the more impressive shear profiles that I've seen in awhile coupled with decent instability. Might surprise some folks.

eshr.gif?1405435045946

Shear already looks a time and a half better than it did at any point yesterday. Definitely agree with the wet-microburst potential later on.

Might even see the SPC go hatched on the wind threat some time today.

Shear already looks a time and a half better than it did at any point yesterday. Definitely agree with the wet-microburst potential later on.

Looking great all the way down right now. Patiently awaiting this afternoon.

this will only expand east as well. clearing for me should commence fast for me before 12, satellite imagery has clearing heading towards me already. TOR values are pretty good as well

Red boxes should be issued today, widespread tornadoes? no, but I wouldn't be shocked to see some spinups throughout the tri state area today

Archived