12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Hurricane Arthur

Brick Tamland

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'll get laughed at for this, but anyone else getting Fran vibes?  Not as strong, and coming from a very different place, so I'm not saying this is Fran part deux.  But, a reluctance to recurve with ILM in the crosshairs as well as when it is hitting -- late Thursday, early Friday.  The first rains even hit Raleigh at about 2p, exactly when they hit on the Thursday Fran hit.  Of course the final track will be different as well -- Fran actually veered NNW when it was expected to go NNE, this one is clearly (eventually) going to veer NNE-NE-ENE.

(And, before anyone asks, I'm not the met Big Weather. =))

I have a friend who's living in Morehead city over the summer and is staying against my advice-how bad do you guys think it could get there with the eye passing so close? Also, as a point of curiosity, what will happen if the storms from Arthur currently moving through the Triad survive long enough to interact with the incoming front over the mountains? 

Well if the storm keeps deepening they better be ready for a few days of no power and water at the very least......

Looks like all the models have OBX on the east side of the eye. Coming in still around Morehead City/Beaufort area.

Yeah, this seems the most likely.  While I appreciate the rain in the Raleigh area that this path may have facilitated I'm bummed as my parents are in Sneads Ferry (right across the ICW from Topsail Island).  My dad is great at preparing for storms and is a huge weather follower so they should be fine, but I always get a little nervous.  Not their first rodeo, though, having moved there in 2001 but he lived on eastern Long Island and also Louisiana so has dealt with these his whole life.

I know I'll get laughed at for this, but anyone else getting Fran vibes?  Not as strong, and coming from a very different place, so I'm not saying this is Fran part deux.  But, a reluctance to recurve with ILM in the crosshairs as well as when it is hitting -- late Thursday, early Friday.  The first rains even hit Raleigh at about 2p, exactly when they hit on the Thursday Fran hit.  Of course the final track will be different as well -- Fran actually veered NNW when it was expected to go NNE, this one is clearly (eventually) going to veer NNE-NE-ENE.

(And, before anyone asks, I'm not the met Big Weather. =))

No not at all I mentioned that earlier with one of the visible images someone posted, definitely a Fran vibe with this especially with it coming close to Wilmington.

I have a friend who's living in Morehead city over the summer and is staying against my advice-how bad do you guys think it could get there with the eye passing so close? Also, as a point of curiosity, what will happen if the storms from Arthur currently moving through the Triad survive long enough to interact with the incoming front over the mountains?

Your friend will be fine. Morehead is very accustomed to dealing with cat 1-2 hurricanes.

Funny how different products can give a different sense of direction of movement. That imagery definitely shows more pronounced eastward movement than the radar imagery. But yeah...looks like this one may be intensifying right up until landfall.

It's already a low/moderate Cat-2 per recon... Being this close to land, the constant dry air intrusion, and with only a few hours left to gain 8-14 knots it probably won't become a Cat-3... But I'd say it's definitely going to be a cat-2 at landfall around Morehead City, or potentially further south given the radar/sat trends.

TOG with the Atkinson cell.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILMINGTON NC
421 PM EDT THU JUL 3 2014

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN WILMINGTON NC HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
  WESTERN PENDER COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST NORTH CAROLINA
  EASTERN BLADEN COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST NORTH CAROLINA

* UNTIL 445 PM EDT

* AT 419 PM EDT...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTED A TORNADO NEAR
  ROOKS...OR 14 MILES WEST OF BURGAW...MOVING WEST AT 25 MPH.

* SOME LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE...
   ROWAN...
   LAGOON...

Archived