• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Arthur

Brick Tamland

The town of Atlantic in eastern carteret county will be ground zero. From there up through ocracoke island will take a beating flood wise from the ocean and probably worse on the backside from the sound. I feel for any tourist that stayed behind on the southern outer banks. They will be getting a longer vacation than planned due to being trapped from breaches where the ocean runs undisturbed right into the sound.

I've been to almost every corner in our state thanks to my old job. If you ever get the chance this town/fishing community is a gem IMO. It's another world once you pass Beaufort on east for 20 or so miles. Water on both sides.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's the oblong shape playing tricks on you or the fact that I said Beaufort this morning and I'm hoping it's not Cape Lookout? :)

Heck even if it is Cape Lookout it's still a win for the HWRF IMO...and a loss for a ton of models.

Huge win for the HWRF.  Had this nailed down Tuesday night.  Good mention, was going to pull a few posts from the past a while ago but forgot.

Huge win for the HWRF. Had this nailed down Tuesday night. Good mention, was going to pull a few posts from the past a while ago but forgot.

Haha yeah good win for the HWRF as well as the Euro wrt intensity and the Euro had this storm 9 days out. Thought the HWRF was going to be trash when the first run had it going into New Orleans.

Also Nova Scotia looks to get hit hard.

Cape Lookout gusting to 87mph now.

RaleighWx just tweeted it will make landffall in Cape Lookout in one to two hours as a cat 2 hurricane.

he said "likely to"...

IMO, likely to be between Beaufort and Cape Lookout, it's semantics really.

http://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/get-goes?satellite=GOES-E%20CONUS&lat=34&lon=-77&info=ir&quality=100&zoom=1&width=1000&height=900&type=Animation&numframes=10&palette=ir2.pal

Huge win for the HWRF.  Had this nailed down Tuesday night.  Good mention, was going to pull a few posts from the past a while ago but forgot.

Yeah ever since TD1...everyone said east of OBX...oops.

Can't believe this hasn't been changed all evening, with the monsoon that has been dripping for the last several hours...

Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a low around 73. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Where Jim Cantore is stationed (I apologize for forgetting the name of the coastal town) but it won't be too long before he gets slammed too. What's worse is high tide is coming in soon there within the hour.

He'll likely miss a direct hit from the eye though.

EDIT: Rodanthe, NC is the name of the town.

Where Jim Cantore is stationed (I apologize for forgetting the name of the coastal town) but it won't be too long before he gets slammed too. What's worse is high tide is coming in soon there within the hour.

He'll likely miss a direct hit from the eye though.

EDIT: Rodanthe, NC is the name of the town.

He actually may get the worse of it with the SE quadrant. They are expecting the eye at 2am. I'm staying up to watch this. Maybe the only action we get to see all year.

He actually may get the worse of it with the SE quadrant. They are expecting the eye at 2am. I'm staying up to watch this. Maybe the only action we get to see all year.

Me too. Jim Cantore + Hurricanes = Great weathertainment. I'm curious how bad it gets there. He mentioned earlier he and his crew were going to leave the beach and go to higher ground once high tide kicked in since they expected the storm surge to be over his head by then.

Archived