joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 28-July 1 Severe Threat

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ultra low clouds (from my view in the Bolingbrook...northern Wilco) feeding storms to my north in Dupage county ahead of the main line impacting LOT... it's almost like a very slightly elevated fog deck just racing due north right overhead.  Pretty neat...

You're about to get smacked if base velocity is any indication.  Looks pretty impressive.

yikes

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  TORNADO WARNING  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  958 PM CDT MON JUN 30 2014    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED A    * TORNADO WARNING FOR...    SOUTHWEST COOK COUNTY IN NORTHEAST ILLINOIS...    NORTHWEST WILL COUNTY IN NORTHEAST ILLINOIS...    * UNTIL 1030 PM CDT    * AT 956 PM CDT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RADAR DETECTED A SEVERE         SQUALL LINE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING TORNADOES THAT MAY NOT BE VISIBLE     DUE TO HEAVY RAIN WAS LOCATED NEAR PLAINFIELD...AND MOVING EAST AT     55 MPH.      HAZARD...TORNADO AND 100 MPH WIND GUSTS.      SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION.      IMPACT...FLYING DEBRIS WILL BE DANGEROUS TO THOSE CAUGHT WITHOUT             SHELTER. MOBILE HOMES WILL BE DAMAGED OR DESTROYED. DAMAGE             TO ROOFS...WINDOWS AND VEHICLES WILL OCCUR. TREE DAMAGE IS             LIKELY.    * THIS DANGEROUS STORM WILL BE NEAR...    LEMONT AND NEW LENOX AROUND 1005 PM CDT.    HOMER GLEN AND MOKENA AROUND 1010 PM CDT.    TINLEY PARK AND ORLAND PARK AROUND 1015 PM CDT.    

That's how it generally is, outside the rare short break in.

Kind of dumb for the third largest city in the entire country. I mean even here in Detroit they go wall to wall if there is a tornado warning in the metro area. Of course this is a topic for another thread so I will leave it at this passing comment.

New watch for areas E of 55 in IL potentially...

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 1233
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
1011 PM CDT MON JUN 30 2014

AREAS AFFECTED...PORTIONS OF NRN/CNTRL INDIANA AND E-CNTRL IL

CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH POSSIBLE

VALID 010311Z - 010515Z

PROBABILITY OF WATCH ISSUANCE...40 PERCENT

SUMMARY...THE AREA DOWNSTREAM OF WW 380 IS BEING MONITORED FOR
POSSIBLE SVR TSTM WATCH ISSUANCE.

DISCUSSION...A MATURE SQUALL LINE CROSSING THE CHICAGO AREA AND
EXTENDING SWWD TO W-CNTRL IL WILL CONTINUE SPREADING EWD/SEWD. THE
PRIMARY SEWD SURGE OF THE LINE MAY EXTEND DOWNSTREAM OF WW 380 IN
THE NEXT FEW HOURS GIVEN MODERATE/STRONG INSTABILITY AND 35-50 KT OF
EFFECTIVE BULK SHEAR. THIS MAY WARRANT NEW WW ISSUANCE
DOWNSTREAM...SHOULD THE CONVECTIVE COLD POOL BE MAINTAINED.
NOCTURNAL STABILIZATION COULD BE DELETERIOUS TO SUSTAINING A
DOWNSTREAM SVR RISK...HOWEVER...AND CONVECTIVE TRENDS WILL CONTINUE
TO BE MONITORED.

..COHEN/DIAL.. 07/01/2014

ATTN...WFO...IWX...IND...LOT...ILX...

post-3774-0-44752700-1404184557_thumb.gi

Just took a direct hit here on the SE side of Aurora north of Plainfield. Never seen anything like it. I'm guessing 80-90mph winds, trees down, siding ripped off homes, power is out, water seeping through the windows. The place is a mess. Yet no sirens on this line, although they sounded on the first line with no tornado warning.

Archived