joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2014

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see a secondary squall building behind the one headed our way :)

Also using weather channel Android radar, not sure just how accurate that is for a small fry like me.

It looks that way doesnt it? Unfortunately we live where storms go to die so I usually would bet on them weakening before arriving. But you never know. Every once in a while they make it here

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see a secondary squall building behind the one headed our way :)

Also using weather channel Android radar, not sure just how accurate that is for a small fry like me.

Never gonna make it here Lol. < 20% chance

Well actually I read a report that warming is happening in extreme remote areas as well. I read an article about warming occurring in the heart of the Adirondacks. It was a great read, though you'll have to google for the link since I don't have it handy.

If youre ever in Tupper Lake, The Wild Center has some interesting displays on the effects of climate change in the Adirondacks.  http://www.wildcenter.org/UserFiles/JenkinsBook.pdf

We've been going to the Adirondacks since the late 70's, and have a cabin there now. The winters have certainly changed. 

July 4th looks like it may feature a trough over the GL/NE. That would probably mean near

normal temps here or even below if we get more clouds and rain. Both the Euro ensemble mean

and GEFS have this trough, but rainfall chances are very hard to determine 10 days out.

Normal on July 4th at Central Park on July 4th is 83/68.

Recent July 4th temperatures at Central Park:

2013....87/75

2012....92/70

2011....86/70

2010....96/73

2009....79/66

Archived