e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
June 2014

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Wednesday and Thursday, have the risk for big time severe in NYC. Parameters are looking very favorable in terms of Cape, LI and 500 mb winds and Shear.  Looks like very high end slight risk parameter.  Are we looking at a possible serial derecho risk ???

If you are so confident why don't you start a new thread about this event also posting some supporting data ?

If you are so confident why don't you start a new thread about this event also posting some supporting data ?

Guess americanwx.com NYC sub forum wouldn be complete everyday without another mikehobbyist bold prediction :lol:. Even if it were to occur it will be away from the coast and the seabreeze influence that is almost constant. Also this is like what? 5-6 days away? WAYYYY to early to start making an assumption like that. Lets get through the weekend before we start throwing around a word that is not common anyway in our area

Guess americanwx.com NYC sub forum wouldn be complete everyday without another mikehobbyist bold prediction :lol:. Even if it were to occur it will be away from the coast and the seabreeze influence that is almost constant. Also this is like what? 5-6 days away? WAYYYY to early to start making an assumption like that. Lets get through the weekend before we start throwing around a word that is not common anyway in our area

Mikehobbyst said we can expect baseball sized hail right down to the beaches. Good thing my car insurance is paid up.

Today marks the 6th day of June 2014 with measurable rain at my location. Have received 2.08" thus far which is still about 14% above normal for the month but much less than areas further to my south and west.

The mid-Atlantic keeps getting dumped on. Saw some pics out of Virginia/West Virginia and the flash flooding is horrific.

Problem is i dont think we'll be seeing any sun on LI after what ever is left of the rain moves out. Seen many of these setups where we are stuck in cloud cover where areas west of us get into the sun and obtain better instability

HRRR brings sunshine as far east as Central Suffolk County by 2pm.

Problem is i dont think we'll be seeing any sun on LI after what ever is left of the rain moves out. Seen many of these setups where we are stuck in cloud cover where areas west of us get into the sun and obtain better instability

I was referring to the showers building off to our SW 

Archived