northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
June 2014 General Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much different story here DLL. Did get some nice soaking rains, unfortunately with temps in the 50s and a stiff N wind it isn't exactly ideal June weather, but it's enough rain to ensure we get our weekly dose of at least a half inch to inch of rain so we don't run any drought risk.

68 yesterday, and 73 today for a high.  Bizarre for mid June.  Still no 90s yet this month, and only 1 so far this year.  No 90s in the forecast as well.  After the last few hot summers this isn't a big deal, but it's starting to feel like a strange warm season at this point.  Some of the trees have only very recently fully leafed out after heavy seed crops a few weeks ago.  Gonna be a very short warm season for those trees.

Sitting at just 0.58" imby for June. We just keep getting scraps. Other than that...been very pleasant. Warm but not hot.

Same here regarding rain. It's been scraps the past 4 weeks. A couple tenths/hundredths every few days. Seems typical in the summertime thunderstorm set up. There will be the haves and have nots in relative proximity.

CLE is at about 1" of rain the past 4 weeks, likely the driest period in quite a few years here.

Managed a whopping 3.30" of rain with this system!

Wow!  Not a drop over here

Front came through dry...winds turns a few hours ago ...temp actually has dropped some after staying warm all night (upper 60Fs).  Looks like we only manage 70F or so today. 

Cyclone-

Had 84F yesterday.    Euro shows some definite warmth next week.  Could (should?) see a 90F later in the week.

Well I measured another .08" of rain here at my location in Westfield , IN . Brings the total to 1.17" for this system that started on Tuesday morning for us . Looks like we have another line to pass through later this evening / tonight , then it will be clear for a while . Looks like the next chance for some rin is going to be Sunday night or Monday .

The raw 12z GFS output has 3 days of dewpoints of 75+ here with a few other days very close to that over the next week and a half.  We've only had a couple days of dewpoints touching 70 this year so it'll be interesting to see if it verifies.  Getting into the time of year where it becomes more frequent/likely.

Corn crops around here are looking fantastic at this point.  Most of the corn is already approaching knee high.  Should be a bumper crop this season.  Drought looks very unlikely at this point, and I don't think we're going to see a lot of excessive heat this season either. 

Dews were in the low 40s this afternoon, which is pretty amazing for this time of the year outside of any drought conditions.  Much higher moisture levels are on the way though.

The surge of surface moisture Sunday is going to be very impressive.  The Euro shows some upper 40s dews lingering in parts of northern IL at 12z Sun, and then bump them up into the low 70s less than 12hrs later.  GFS pretty much the same.  Tuesday it looks like widespread mid 70 dews for the first time of the season.  Going to feel quite tropical compared to how it's been so far. 

57℉ and cloudy, breezy, crisp.

Best climo

Yep, even with low 60s this morning while golfing, in the sun it was plenty warm enough.  Wouldn't want to know what 90F with the high sun angle this time of year would feel like.  Hopefully this next week only plateaus around low to mid 80s, so we don't have to find out.

Next week is looking complicated. I'd hate to be in a forecaster's position.

Gut feeling, based on how these set ups have played out in the past, is that we'll miss the brunt of severe weather to the south and west, while we're blowing convective debris with temps only in the 70s/80s.

Obviously the 90*F potential is there though is the convection remains further to the north and there's isn't a whole lot of convective debris.

Wow , What a cool night we had last night . We reached a Low of 46º in my area and a High of 82º today . Waiting to see what this system brings Sunday night , not really expecting a whole lot of action from it . I see they have stretched the Slight Risk into western Indiana .

Happy Fathers Day  :beer: to all us Dad's out there 

Wow , What a cool night we had last night . We reached a Low of 46º in my area and a High of 82º today . Waiting to see what this system brings Sunday night , not really expecting a whole lot of action from it . I see they have stretched the Slight Risk into western Indiana .

Happy Fathers Day  :beer: to all us Dad's out there 

Should probably take your thermometer out of the sun. ;) Even EVV failed to reach 80º today.

47º at LAF this morning. Had to wear a short sleeve pullover on the morning walk.

Alas, gorgeous day all around.

Should probably take your thermometer out of the sun. ;) Even EVV failed to reach 80º today.

47º at LAF this morning. Had to wear a short sleeve pullover on the morning walk.

Alas, gorgeous day all around.

My Acu-Rite 5 in 1 usually runs about 3 degrees warmer even though it has the solar fan , not sure why it was measuring so much warmer today . I see now that KTYQ only hit 76 today ....Hmmmm

Archived