northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
June 2014 General Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still 79/70 here after midnight.  Not as breezy as it was last night, so it's a little more uncomfortable out there.

Still hard to tell, but it looks like the storms may stay north of here tonight.  Complex is still in it's infancy though well to the northwest. 

There's no guarantee it morphs into a complex, but still likely I guess.

Dew point jumped to 72F early this morning, which is the highest i've seen yet here..but has dropped back down to the mid 60Fs.  Huge amts of rain north of here.  I saw one report of 4.72 inches...  under half inch here, so we got lucky.  Had 1.5 yesterday...  could be much worse.   80Fs again here today.  Its nice in that it hasn't be horrid yet, but still warm enough to swim/etc. 

Going out DTW style with those 89*F highs...

I wouldn't mind if we had a half dozen of those puppies to avoid the big 9-0 number this summer.  I think our highest this year is still 86F, and with a ton of moisture just in with the storms the last couple days, and the extended looking seasonable, very likely we'll go through June without a 90F reading for the second straight year.

I wouldn't mind if we had a half dozen of those puppies to avoid the big 9-0 number this summer.  I think our highest this year is still 86F, and with a ton of moisture just in with the storms the last couple days, and the extended looking seasonable, very likely we'll go through June without a 90F reading for the second straight year.

I'm just the opposite.  A bunch of 89s without a 90 just feels cheap.  If it's gonna be hot, might as well have it stand out in the stats. 

Was looking up first occurrences of 90 degrees at LAF and this is already the longest we've gone without one since 2003, when it took until June 24 to get the first one.  If we make it past June 24 then you'd have to go back to 2000 (August 15).   

Archived