joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Banter Thread

Solak

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you glance at your avatar from a phone, it looks like a witch flying in front of a moon! That's what I thought it was ever since you changed it, till I looked closer! Lol

Too funny, Mack! I think you'll always be able to count on the old USS Enterprise in the avatar. I don't foresee a scenario when that might fail to be the case. So you never have to wonder again!

I hear thunder and can see the rain shaft just a couple of miles away, but it doesn't look like it's moving much :(

BUT......the breeze has cooled things off :D

Speaking of shaft, GSP is mentioning heavy rain threat for my area for Wed-Thur in their AFD! I'm having a déjà-vu moment!! Last time we had a flood watch for 3 days and received .003 event total! Y'all remember that?

Speaking of shaft, GSP is mentioning heavy rain threat for my area for Wed-Thur in their AFD! I'm having a déjà-vu moment!! Last time we had a flood watch for 3 days and received .003 event total! Y'all remember that?

I didn't get a drop of rain out of that system either  :(    

You're probably getting all kinds of basketball in. I'm on my church softball team and we play Tuesday and Thursday nights. Those are the days it rains. But it doesn't matter all that much. We're terrible.

I haven't played since the orthopedist told me not to three weeks ago. Still dealing with the shoulder. Not sure if it is bursitis or something worse with my rotator cup. He game me a steroid shot and said give it six weeks. It doesn't hurt as bad as it did before the shot, but it still hurts sometimes.

And my son plays t-ball on Tuesdays and Thursdays. His first game is tonight. Looks like Thursday night will be rained out. Another reason why I hate rain. I don't know why they started the season so late, though. Maybe they figured it rained more in April.

I haven't played since the orthopedist told me not to three weeks ago. Still dealing with the shoulder. Not sure if it is bursitis or something worse with my rotator cup. He game me a steroid shot and said give it six weeks. It doesn't hurt as bad as it did before the shot, but it still hurts sometimes.

And my son plays t-ball on Tuesdays and Thursdays. His first game is tonight. Looks like Thursday night will be rained out. Another reason why I hate rain. I don't know why they started the season so late, though. Maybe they figured it rained more in April.

Didn't know you got injured.  Sorry man.  I messed up my rotator once and did some strengthening exercises for about 4 weeks.  It was magically better....until I landed on it diving for a ball in the outfield!  Now, it hurts regularly!

The storm on Saturday meant serious business.  Those were quite some gusts and there were some downed trees throughout the neighborhood, including at my grandmother's house (luckily, it fell in about as perfect as a place as you could ask for, right in between the fence and the house).

Anyways, I graduated from undergraduate on Friday, so that is over with now.  Now, onto the M.A. program in the fall...

The storm on Saturday meant serious business. Those were quite some gusts and there were some downed trees throughout the neighborhood, including at my grandmother's house (luckily, it fell in about as perfect as a place as you could ask for, right in between the fence and the house).

Anyways, I graduated from undergraduate on Friday, so that is over with now. Now, onto the M.A. program in the fall...

Congrats on the graduation! Just don't let that new fall program get in the way of your winter storm modeling play by play! :). Good luck!

The storm on Saturday meant serious business. Those were quite some gusts and there were some downed trees throughout the neighborhood, including at my grandmother's house (luckily, it fell in about as perfect as a place as you could ask for, right in between the fence and the house).

Anyways, I graduated from undergraduate on Friday, so that is over with now. Now, onto the M.A. program in the fall...

Congrats man! And yes, those were some windy storms the other day.

So does Direct TV have TWC? I'm about to change cable providers. Not sure what the hell they are down here with the Mediastream making a lot of us undergo all these changes to a Vyve Broadband and losing 15+ channels replacing it with BS no one watches.

They do not have it on the lowest tier, maybe the 2nd lowest either? Definitely ask when you call to sign up! And give them my acct # so I can get 10$ off a month ! They hook you up right when u are a new customer! :)

Wonder if we'll get any severe chances with the front coming through. Would be more exciting to follow than plain rain.

Brick,

Oh yeah, why not wish for weather capable of destruction of property and killing of people to go along with the rain? At least you're honest. I'll give you that. Lmao

I got no problem with wanting to see severe weather. Wishing for death and destruction is different, IMO.

CR,

But wanting severe weather means wanting weather capable of causing death and destruction, which is all I said. Forget about himself. That type of weather puts others, including his wife and child(ren), in increased danger. Brick complains so much about so many types of wx, including beneficial rain without severe that so many here want for their lawns, dry cold that some like, etc. Complain, complain, complain ad nauseum. Then when there were tornadoes in the RDU area earlier this season, he even made negative posts because of the danger as if he suddenly didn't want them. So, complaining again! Whine, whine, whine. Well, which is it? Does he or does he not want severe? Even though it doesn't increase the chance of it occurring, though he at least appears to be very honest in saying he is hoping for severe wx, and despite this being a wx bb, it also shows he's selfish, a bit of a hypocrite (since he acted like he didn't like those nearby tornadoes), and insensitive in voicing that desire.

So many of his posts are whiney. Yes, I'm whining about him. But I rarely whine. I'm whining about a whiner here.

Brick,

Oh yeah, why not wish for weather capable of destruction of property and killing of people to go along with the rain? At least you're honest. I'll give you that. Lmao

I am not wishing for it. All I said is I hate plane rain. At least severe weather is something actually worthy of following. I am sure tornado chasers don't wish for property to get destroyed and people killed, but they still like the excitement of chasing them.

Looks like there could be a chance of strong storms in NC tomorrow.

Archived