joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Banter Thread

Solak

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone just catch that meteorite over walkertown?? It was HUGE! And GREEN! I am praying I am not the only one who saw that. Hoping a weather cam or something caught it. Walking the dog and the damn thing came over nearly due south to north. Gone in less than 2 seconds.

Anyone??

Did anyone just catch that meteorite over walkertown?? It was HUGE! And GREEN! I am praying I am not the only one who saw that. Hoping a weather cam or something caught it. Walking the dog and the damn thing came over nearly due south to north. Gone in less than 2 seconds.

Anyone??

YES!!! I was outside trying to photograph the moon and as I was looking through the viewfinder, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flash. I pulled back, looked around, looked up, etc. I couldn't figure out wth happened!

Another flood watch fail for my area.  At least this time we got about .5".  Better than sprinkles I guess. Precip diminishes as it approaches and reinvigorates as its moving away.  Don't know why I'm surprised, seen it happen a million times!  As I type we have another classic Spartanburg split on the radar.

Man today was amazing. Just a nice steady rain all day, with temps in the mid 70s and a good breeze. Apparently we've seen 0.85" so far and could see up to an additional 1" tonight (it is still a nice steady rain). I have my back door open listening to it and letting the fresh air in....I just hope, being in Fayettenam, no sh*theads take advantage of the open door -_-

So ready for these upcoming 70s. Christ it's not even June yet and I'm tired of 90s haha.

I've checked WDs in Alaska from time-to-time, in the winter.

If this is not real... it's real close!

It's just missing... the "fat, ugly chick" reference.

It's for real.  Go pull the AFDs for AJK, and go back until you find that one.  The weather.gov retrieval page has the last 35 AFDs.  The one in question is timestamped "601 AM AKDT TUE MAY 13 2014", which makes it 66 hours old by now.  As of now (00:13 Eastern time 5/16), that specific AFD is in slot #17/35 and #18/35 (it's not unusual to have extra copies or a tiny edit made).

Here's the URL, which will be obsolete as soon as the next AFD is released by that office and bumps version=17 to 18, and the old 18 to 19:

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=AJK&product=AFD&format=CI&version=17&glossary=0

further down the same AFD, after some discussion it says:

AND AS I TAKE MY EUROPEAN DATE ON MY WAY...NAM WHISPERS..."YOU

WON`T NEED AN UMBRELLA IN JUNEAU"...AND WINKS MY WAY. BUT I WILL

WEAR MY RAINCOAT...BUT WONDER IF NAM IS RIGHT.

(Credits are JWA/RWT)

What a beautiful day outside! Going to hit the fishing lakes this weekend and enjoy this cool weather! Is there a chance it stays in the 70s in waygone tomorrow ?

Where you going?  Fishing lakes in Greenville?

<Loving the cool breeze today.  <Won't have to sweat all night after the wife sneaks

the thermo to... "Sweat, Jim... 'til you end up in Hades."

Archived