joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Banter Thread

Solak

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Larry, if you brought this cool with you, please come to Atlanta twice/three times a month all summer!!  When you are walking the beach eating ice cream, if's gwad awful hot around here, and I don't like it one little bit.  This weekend is much closer to the perfect summer weather for me, just so you have a template to work from, lol.  A perfect summer day has 60 for a high and 43 for a low, with rain, and mucho clouds before and after :)  The coming Katla eruption may give me that....and possibly, a year later, the elusive June snow.  Meanwhile, I'll take some of your weather magic... T

Tony, I had no idea I was this powerful!

How long has it been since the tropical season has produced much in the SE?

Last two seasons, at least, were "void".

BTW - I'm going watch "Sharknado!"  I watched 100 Degrees Below Zero yesterday. 

By far... worst movie I've EVER seen!!!  I liked it!

The same studio announced today the release of...

... (you know, those eel-type fish with teeth - crawl up your indoor pipes and bite your face off...

apparently taking over the Great Lakes!  You can only kill them with a hot hair iron... if you repeatedly

try to curl them!  What are those? Lepers.. no... LAMPREYS!!!!  Yes!!!)

That hurt. 

Crapper, you seem of able mind and body?

You ever thiought about one of those storm chase tours? I think it could be fun, but if you want a whirling dervish of trash and crap, you could just drive to Waycross ! :)

Trash, Crap, Rednecks, Bourbon, and Storms... throw in a couple "really, really cheap" mature ladies?

Sign me up!!!  I'm in.

I guess... there's no reason, at my age, not to drive to Waycross.

I'll just be "real careful", at first.

Who knows what might happen?  I might end up being the Mayor!

How long has it been since the tropical season has produced much in the SE?

Last two seasons, at least, were "void".

BTW - I'm going watch "Sharknado!"  I watched 100 Degrees Below Zero yesterday.

By far... worst movie I've EVER seen!!!  I liked it!

The same studio announced today the release of...

... (you know, those eel-type fish with teeth - crawl up your indoor pipes and bite your face off...

apparently taking over the Great Lakes!  You can only kill them with a hot hair iron... if you repeatedly

try to curl them!  What are those? Lepers.. no... LAMPREYS!!!!  Yes!!!)

That hurt. 

I moved this here from the discussion thread.  Even though it is the slow season, lets keep most of the chatter in here

Any one else looking at the new meteor shower tonight? Lots of discrepancy over the meteor rates but it could be pretty cool

I will be up on top of Craggy Pinnacle above 5000'.  Hopefully I can get some nice shots of the action.  Not going to lie, I am pretty excited. 

Same old song.  Storm misses us by 5 miles.  Its always 5 miles south or 5 miles north.  Happens every summer for 1-2 month periods.  Someone needs to do a study on why this happens for this particular area.  When we do break this cycle we usually end up getting 3-4" in just an hour or 2.

Same old song. Storm misses us by 5 miles. Its always 5 miles south or 5 miles north. Happens every summer for 1-2 month periods. Someone needs to do a study on why this happens for this particular area. When we do break this cycle we usually end up getting 3-4" in just an hour or 2.

Lol this sounds like Waycross, GA.

Any one else looking at the new meteor shower tonight? Lots of discrepancy over the meteor rates but it could be pretty cool

I'd assume that the best time to watch is pre-dawn?  2am-5am?

Never been impressed by these.

Worthwhile to tripod a cam and take bulb exposures?

I can't find any news about this.

Same old song.  Storm misses us by 5 miles.  Its always 5 miles south or 5 miles north.  Happens every summer for 1-2 month periods.  Someone needs to do a study on why this happens for this particular area.  When we do break this cycle we usually end up getting 3-4" in just an hour or 2.

Well I was wrong and got under the second storm and even got some dime sized hail.  Picked up only about a tenth of an inch of rain though.  At one point it was sunny with no rain, but hailing.  I thought I would get more rain than I did based on the appearance of radar, but that was probably because of the hail falling.  At least I get to put off watering for 1 more day!  Hoping the GFS is on to something for the next week, but the rest of the models aren't nearly as wet.

Yo it ain't even June yet and I'm already damn sick of this "heat" and s*** my steering wheel too hot to touch and whatnot like come on now. Lol. Summer can't pass quick enough for me. It's sad cause I'm about to visit Little Rock AR in June and they have a much worse summer. It's going to blow, but I'm hoping the 100s I go through there (again) will make me appreciate the upper 80s/low 90s we get here. :P

Archived