• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
May 2014 General Discussion

Brewers

Wow that band is just parked right over Metro Detriot. Doens't seem to be moving at all.

Yeah it is very slowly sagging south, after all this rain we have gotten in the city over the last 2 days, it is going to be a lush as a rainforest around here.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DTX finally issued a flood advisory with another 1" or so of rain falling.

Major forecast bust.

1. Temps were expected to get up near 80*F, and we're only just above 60*F.

2. No rain was in the forecast.

Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper about this crap today (especially because I don't have a jacket).

Today had looked like it might be the best day of this stretch for rain here, but the sun and instability are down south and that is where the storms are.  Over the four-day stretch of unsettled weather we've only managed to accumulate about a half inch of rain.  The downpours have been intense, but very spotty.  I'm looking forward to getting back into a typical late May/early June pattern early next week.  The storms should be more organized.

All this rain and warmth will be a good incubator for the mosquitoes for this season. Had a few buzzing around me in the bush yesterday... The last few days have been perfect around here.

My kids look like they have the plague from all the mosquito bites...  really bad around here.  River flooding probably doesn't help that (backwaters are all full of water).

Beautiful day here...mid 70Fs now.

We got slammed with rain. First, we had three distinct heavy thunderstorms yesterday...mid-afternoon, mid-evening, and around midnight...which totaled 1.92". Then today we had another 0.55" of showers. So the two-day total imby is 2.47". I appear to be the jackpot in SE MI...as DTW picked up a two-day total of 1.75" and many other areas way less than that. These were just heavy downpours (loud thunder and lots of lightning last night). Nothing close to strong or severe.

We got slammed with rain. First, we had three distinct heavy thunderstorms yesterday...mid-afternoon, mid-evening, and around midnight...which totaled 1.92". Then today we had another 0.55" of showers. So the two-day total imby is 2.47". I appear to be the jackpot in SE MI...as DTW picked up a two-day total of 1.75" and many other areas way less than that. These were just heavy downpours (loud thunder and lots of lightning last night). Nothing close to strong or severe.

Radar estimates out my way show over 3.00" in some spots. I would completely buy that and maybe add a bit considering the ponding and freeway flooding on the east side that I saw coming to work.

Officially, DET saw 1.38" between 2 PM and 2 AM, and then another 1.08" today (total of 2.46"). So if anything, I wouldn't be surprised if my area picked up a bit more rain than your area. Some side streets are completely flooded out. 

We saw at least 3 rounds of solid t'storms throughout the day yesterday, but we missed out on the storms you guys downriver saw. Impressively, DET reported 4 consecutive hours of thunder in the vicinity. 

In hindsight, strangely enough, the GFS had it right with the QPF amounts.

Only managed another 0.06" this morning. Pre-total for the month stands at 5.95".

SWS in effect for dense fog tonight.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL507 PM CDT WED MAY 28 2014ILZ006-014-INZ001-002-290015-LAKE IL-COOK-LAKE IN-PORTER-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WAUKEGAN...CHICAGO...GARY...VALPARAISO507 PM CDT WED MAY 28 2014...DENSE FOG THROUGH EARLY EVENING...NORTHEAST WINDS OFF THE LAKE THIS AFTERNOON HAVE ALLOWED DENSEFOG TO MOVE SOUTH ALONG THE ILLINOIS AND INDIANA SHORES. THISDENSE FOG WILL MOVE INLAND OVER THE NEXT HOUR AFFECTING MAINLYAREAS NEAR THE LAKE...INCLUDING DOWNTOWN CHICAGO. VISIBILITY WILLBE REDUCED TO NEAR ZERO AT TIMES...ALONG ROADWAYS NEAR THE LAKEFRONT. THE FOG IS ANTICIPATED TO SLOWLY DISSIPATE THIS EVENING.ALL TRAVELERS NEAR THE LAKE SHOULD USE CAUTION AS VISIBILITY WILLCHANGE RAPIDLY OVER VERY SHORT DISTANCES

Skilling showing near 90° readings on Sunday and Tuesday.

Radar estimates out my way show over 3.00" in some spots. I would completely buy that and maybe add a bit considering the ponding and freeway flooding on the east side that I saw coming to work.

Do you know if there was any thunder or lightning with the rain today?

The instability parameters were borderline, and the radar returns seemed like a strike or two could have come out of that rain band.

Do you know if there was any thunder or lightning with the rain today?

The instability parameters were borderline, and the radar returns seemed like a strike or two could have come out of that rain band.

I didn't hear any and none of the reporting stations in the area had any thunderstorm obs with the band. There may have been a random strike or two but probably nothing more.

Our dewpoint fell to the low 50s early this morning, and was only supposed to recover back to the upper 50s, but the entire area has surged back into the mid 60s.  I had to put the AC back on.

i won't need the AC until sunday...64 with marine breeze

Our dewpoint fell to the low 50s early this morning, and was only supposed to recover back to the upper 50s, but the entire area has surged back into the mid 60s.  I had to put the AC back on.

That sucks.   I can't stand humidity anymore.  Once the house gets too warm its AC time.

International Falls was mid 80Fs again today. 

Archived