joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2014 General Discussion

Brewers

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next week looks warmer and stormier for many, could be a potential ring of fire setup with parts of the Plains and Mississippi Valley in bake mode.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but having a warm front draped across the region is usually a sign for active weather.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but having a warm front draped across the region is usually a sign for active weather.

Considering we're in the NW quadrant of the subforum, even if we don't get active t'storm complexes, others in the subforum likely will with the pattern as modeled right now.

cool and damp is the way to go for may

I would agree with this in general, but we're reaching the timeframe where you frequently see patterns die.  It's certainly possible to see a cold pattern for a year or more, but more typically, they only last through a couple of the year's seasons at a time.  Six straight months of below normal temperatures here is pretty impressive in this day and age.

cool and damp is the way to go for may

The latest CFS run argues for plenty of days that are in the 70s/80s across central IL and stuck in the 40s/50s by you and Geos. Obviously warm fronts will surge north at times but with the lake slow to warm up, the cold dense air mass north of the boundary will be tough to move out of the way in a lot of cases.

The latest CFS run argues for plenty of days that are in the 70s/80s across central IL and stuck in the 40s/50s by you and Geos. Obviously warm fronts will surge north at times but with the lake slow to warm up, the cold dense air mass north of the boundary will be tough to move out of the way in a lot of cases.

very believable setup

Tomorrow definitely looks like the coldest day of the next 7. 68° predicted by next Wednesday.

The predicted 50s to near 60° between now and then isn't that abnormal near the lake here.

Tomorrow definitely looks like the coldest day of the next 7. 68° predicted by next Wednesday.

The predicted 50s to near 60° between now and then isn't that abnormal near the lake here.

It won't feel that bad either on the days that we see some sun.  Might even be that Friday turns out to be a nice day if the slight chances of rain don't pan out.

As much as Angrysummons posts silly things, that's pretty funny coming from you.

Sure, but my IMBY posts are the type of posts that are very obvious, I don't intend to make sweeping generalizations that apply to the subforum, but since Angrysummons didn't specify that labeling this April as 'cool' wouldn't be correct only applied to his backyard, we have to assume he is referring to the subforum as a whole.

Sure, but my IMBY posts are the type of posts that are very obvious, I don't intend to make sweeping generalizations that apply to the subforum, but since Angrysummons didn't specify that labeling this April as 'cool' wouldn't be correct only applied to his backyard, we have to assume he is referring to the subforum as a whole.

Lol

Come over here...its been like this since Sunday... 41F...rain overnight.  The low is STILL in WIsconsin.   Yesterday it was over Hayward...    I haven't been 50F all week...

yeah this week hasn't been pleasant here either but it hasn't been horrible (until today)

What a lousy week.  This is the type of weather I cannot stand.... extended cold and damp.  It looks like Saturday may be the first sunny day this week.  Sunday looks iffy, and then Monday, it's back to showers....  Ugh. 

Archived