• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
May 2014 General Discussion

Brewers

decent soaking uderway from persistent rain whipped showers...looking very green

Yeah, it could've been worse here as well.  At least we had some legit thundershowers with this system, not just a cold light rain/drizzle.  We also eked out a decent day yesterday (despite it generally being cloudy).  Tomorrow might be ok late in the day, and the weekend looks solid, coolish but comfortable with some sun.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

38 and breezy this evening. winds have finally shifted back to the northwest. rain isn't too far offshore. 7 weeks until the days begin to grow shorter and 3.5 months until first trees begin to change and cooler weather arrives. it needs to get warm now or this will be the shortest Summer ever for me, preceding last year.

May 1st today...but with the billowy clouds and crisp breeze it looked and felt more like November 1st

4050-800.jpg

Great Lakes still 26% ice covered on May 1st. Incredible...and this story in todays Free Press certainly leaves me intrigued, though its taken with a grain of salt...

http://www.freep.com/article/20140501/NEWS06/305010053/great-lakes-ice-cover

The Winter of 2013-14 demands that it be remembered. A relatively cool spring will give way to a colder-than-usual summer locally, all because of the continuing impacts of the intensely frigid, snowy winter, scientists said. And at least one Great Lakes ice researcher thinks that the domino effect could continue into a chilly fall and an early start to next winter — and beyond.

May 1st today...but with the billowy clouds and crisp breeze it looked and felt more like November 1st

4050-800.jpg

Great Lakes still 26% ice covered on May 1st. Incredible...and this story in todays Free Press certainly leaves me intrigued, though its taken with a grain of salt...

http://www.freep.com/article/20140501/NEWS06/305010053/great-lakes-ice-cover

The Winter of 2013-14 demands that it be remembered. A relatively cool spring will give way to a colder-than-usual summer locally, all because of the continuing impacts of the intensely frigid, snowy winter, scientists said. And at least one Great Lakes ice researcher thinks that the domino effect could continue into a chilly fall and an early start to next winter — and beyond.

Agreed. https://twitter.com/OSNW3/status/438866895950069761 :)

Temps slowly rise from here on out, but we have rain today...we have hurricane winds tomorrow, cooler Sunday and then a warm up begins Monday with temps maybe rising above 70F by Thurs, but with chances of rain/storms sprinkled through out the forecast.  A very wet spring around here looks to continue.

Temps slowly rise from here on out, but we have rain today...we have hurricane winds tomorrow, cooler Sunday and then a warm up begins Monday with temps maybe rising above 70F by Thurs, but with chances of rain/storms sprinkled through out the forecast.  A very wet spring around here looks to continue.

The overall flow of the recurring Rossby will get back in line. Your forecast versus the trend is in agreement.

38 and breezy this evening. winds have finally shifted back to the northwest. rain isn't too far offshore. 7 weeks until the days begin to grow shorter and 3.5 months until first trees begin to change and cooler weather arrives. it needs to get warm now or this will be the shortest Summer ever for me, preceding last year.

ugh, sounds miserable when you frame it like that

What's miserable is 42/fog/drizzle at 1:00 on May 2nd.

At least southern lakes and the OV look to have some nice temps soon. I have yet to hit 60 and no trees are even budded. Northern lakes I'm thinking will be "chilly" until July.

the winter wonderland effect is probably sweet in December but string together a couple years in a row with a 2 month long warm season and I'd probably lose my mind

enough of a west wind to avoid lake cooling here today but we're still stuck in the 50s...pretty incredible

the winter wonderland effect is probably sweet in December but string together a couple years in a row with a 2 month long warm season and I'd probably lose my mind

enough of a west wind to avoid lake cooling here today but we're still stuck in the 50s...pretty incredible

Generally speaking, I like the weather and climate here year around. April can fook off, however.

Gentlemen, rest easy, I have verified there is still a sun up there, just showed its first rays in RFD in what feels like an eternity.  

:lol:

Yeah I saw a little tiny bit of sun too here in Racine!

Ended up with a downpour here this evening...colder now or at least it feels cold. 

Fairbanks, AK in the low 70Fs...

http://pafg.arh.noaa.gov/Obs/obHistory.php?site=PAFA&hrs=12

That's not right!  :lmao:

About to 56° already. Gusty West winds should hold back any lake breeze that attempts to move inland.

Rhododendron and Magnolia flowers really blossoming now. Need to cut the grass either today or tomorrow for the first time of the spring.

Yeah..gorgeous morning.  Wind isn't too bad here.  Should see things really start blooming over the next week.   Middle of next week we should make a run for the 70Fs...  next few nites look to drop into the upper 30fs.

Lots of little chances for rain the next 5 days.   Warm up seems very short lived...cooler into next weekend.

Just a hunch, but i think the "cool" pattern continues through at least mid month, if not later.  Normals are near 70F here...

Archived