EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
May 2014 General Discussion

Brewers

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had clouds and sun all day...actually perfect for installing new struts in a car...  I love what years and years of road salt do to bolts on an automobile :)   Still in the low 60Fs.  Looking a lot greener around here, but we are still well behind normal. 

Going to be a huge morel season here if we get warmth later this week like the models are showing...18z gfs wants to put us near 80F on Thursday.

Had some pea sized hail and thunder/lightning this afternoon with a shower that rolled through. I guess if we're going to have a rainy and below normal weekend some pea sized hail and thunder aren't too bad.

In SE Ohio the trees are well into the leaf out process...up in Cleveland most trees still just have buds. Tree pollen and associated allergies suck at both locations regardless.

Can someone explain to me why all those people are on the shoulder taking pictures... That is downright dangerous especially with a fire that large.

That's kinda weird Hoosier you posted that, I'm currently on my way home from Saugatuck/Holland, and that fire was HUGE! Thought for sure it was a car on fire.

My sister was in the general area (saw smoke but not the fire) while we were texting.  I got curious and looked it up. 

Overcast with occasional sprinkles here. 

Things have really greened up over the past few weeks.  Most trees have small leaves, and many of them are loading up with seed clusters.  I've already mowed twice.  Even though it's been cool at times this spring, the harsh arctic wasteland that we had around here for months is a distant memory now.

Still in the low 50Fs, but almost nicer then yesterday with less wind and more sun.  Still well below normal, but better then 40F and rain.

+1

Under these conditions it feels warmer than it actually is.

Hanging around 53° here.

Impressive contrast in temps over the central conus.  Temps around 100 down in Oklahoma, with upper 40s in parts of Iowa. 

33wldw1.jpg

While 100F sounds nice, i really like my 59F/light wind and full sun.  I was actually sweating while sitting out on the deck (we were sheltered from any wind/reflection is pretty strong against the house). 

Trees are growing here right before my eyes.  Everything is going to explode this week.  The difference between today and one week from now will be huge around here.  5lb morels and 2ft tall asparagus...bank it :)  Trout fishing and turkey hunting...

While 100F sounds nice, i really like my 59F/light wind and full sun.  I was actually sweating while sitting out on the deck (we were sheltered from any wind/reflection is pretty strong against the house). 

Trees are growing here right before my eyes.  Everything is going to explode this week.  The difference between today and one week from now will be huge around here.  5lb morels and 2ft tall asparagus...bank it :)  Trout fishing and turkey hunting...

Yep, this is a great time of year as long as it's not cool and rainy.  Typical temps are 50s/60s, and even on the warmer days, it's usually not too humid or too sunny thanks to avoiding heat ridges for the most part.

A taste of summer coming according to Michael Skipper at IWX:

GIVEN EXTREMELY HOT CONDITIONS SUNDAY UPSTREAM
OVER MISSOURI WITH RECORD HIGHS IN THE 90S...CONCERN FOR MUCH WARMER
CONDITIONS THEN THE ONGOING FCST HIGHS. THE CAVEAT IS IF THE COOL
MARINE LAYER FROM LAKE ERIE WILL BE ABLE TO MIX OUT. KEPT HIGHS IN
THE 80S WEDNESDAY...EXCEPT FOR LOWER 70S FAR NORTHEAST.
CLIMATOLOGICAL RECORD HIGHS OF 85F-88F WILL BE APPROACHED THURSDAY.
GUT FEELING THE ONGOING FCST HIGHS OF 82F TO 84F MAY NEED TO BE
RAISED A LITTLE HIGHER.

Archived