joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2014 General Discussion

Brewers

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It definitely feels warm out there, especially since a lot of our warm days this year weren't as sunny as this one.  It was only 74F when I got back from Collectivo Coffee an hour or so ago, but in the sun it felt like 80F or 85F.  Luckily, near perfect weather the rest of the week and the weekend.  Looks like Milwaukee is going to be on the northern fringe of today's convection, hoping for at least a rogue shower or storm.

12z models say sustained warmth is on the way

Models have been consistent with the potential of hot and sticky weather with periodic convective episodes for several runs now. Going to jump from cold to hot without much in between.

Models have been consistent with the potential of hot and sticky weather with periodic convective episodes for several runs now. Going to jump from cold to hot without much in between.

This week for much of the forum is the in between, along with last weekend.  Happens often enough though.

Things that make you go hmmm

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  900 AM CDT TUE MAY 20 2014     ..HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS    BOATERS...BE PREPARED FOR HURRICANE SEASON. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL A   HURRICANE WARNING TO SECURE YOUR BOAT. BY THE TIME A HURRICANE   WARNING IS ISSUED...IT IS TOO LATE TO BE WORKING ON A DOCK SAFELY.    LISTEN TO WEATHER FORECASTS AND PLAN AHEAD. HAUL OUT YOUR BOAT OR   ADD ADDITIONAL LINES DURING A HURRICANE OR TROPICAL STORM   WATCH...WHICH IS ISSUED BEFORE A WARNING...48 HOURS BEFORE THE   ANTICIPATED ONSET OF STORM WINDS.    THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY NOAA NATIONAL WEATHER   SERVICE...AND THE NATIONAL SAFE BOATING COUNCIL.   

Things that make you go hmmm

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  
900 AM CDT TUE MAY 20 2014  

..HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS  

BOATERS...BE PREPARED FOR HURRICANE SEASON. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL A   
HURRICANE WARNING TO SECURE YOUR BOAT. BY THE TIME A HURRICANE   
WARNING IS ISSUED...IT IS TOO LATE TO BE WORKING ON A DOCK SAFELY.  

LISTEN TO WEATHER FORECASTS AND PLAN AHEAD. HAUL OUT YOUR BOAT OR   
ADD ADDITIONAL LINES DURING A HURRICANE OR TROPICAL STORM   
WATCH...WHICH IS ISSUED BEFORE A WARNING...48 HOURS BEFORE THE   
ANTICIPATED ONSET OF STORM WINDS.  

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY NOAA NATIONAL WEATHER   
SERVICE...AND THE NATIONAL SAFE BOATING COUNCIL.   

I don't know I think it might be a down year for hurricanes in Chicago, Lake Michigan is running cooler than normal, although it only takes one. :lol:

I got a nice storm last night.  The hail core had dissipated by the time the storm reached CR, but there was plenty of lightning(no big cracks) and I picked up 1.33" of rain.  We had been getting left out a bit by recent systems so a nice soaking was welcome.  I'm glad the storms initially trained north of us because they were dumping a lot of large hail and I did not want my newly-planted garden to get trashed.

0.90" of rain here from last night's storms. Drove through a pocket of dense fog that seemed to come out of nowhere on the northside of Kenosha. Only area like that. Kind of weird that it is not foggy by the lake here in Racine.

Is the temperature at Northerly Island representative of where you're at? I'm heading to the game at Wrigley soon and trying to figure out if I should pack a sweatshirt just in case.

I was out at 3:30 am and it was toasty, dropped down into the 50s by 6:30...it's heading back up now as NE winds slacken some.

Light sweatshirt would be a decent idea if your seats on in the shade

Archived