joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2014 General Discussion

Brewers

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at a solid inch here tonight into tomorrow morning, everything is going to be so lush and green with all this rain we have been having locally.

yep, heavy rains combined with below average evaporation rates have really made for an emerald spring

Clear skies and chilly temps this morning (41F).  House dropped down to 65F and we are all freezing. I refuse to turn on the furnace, but may be forced to in the coming days.

Sparta, WI dropped to 30F.

Ouch!

I really hope the clouds hang around at night through Friday. Do not want to get down to frost levels here.

Getting some filtered sunshine just to the west of here.

wisgif32.jpg

Went to bed last night with the house all humid and a bit uncomfortable...woke up to that fresh cool feeling. Letting nature do its thing. It seems like the heat needs to be on 7 months of the year and the AC 4 months of the year, with about 1 month of letting nature do its thing :lol:

Had 0.53" of rain yesterday here...combined with the 0.47" from the day before, thats exactly 1-inch, so not the extreme amounts of some areas. I dont mind getting screwed in the "off-season" too much though lol.

BTW....didnt know where to put this so Ill just post in here instead of making a new thread. Jan-Apr was the 3rd coldest on record in MI since 1895

pauldouglas_1400007377_janApriltemps.jpg

I think Ohio might be in for a bit of a surprise if some decent instability is realized, there is pretty good low level shear down there.

The HRRR is in good range now and it's showing a string of discrete cells firing by mid-late afternoon. I think there's a strong possibility that Ohio sees at least a few tornadoes later today given the environment. The PIT sounding earlier caught my eye too with low-level shear. Perhaps the strongest threat exists across much of Ohio into far western Pennsylvania.

Lol^ 

Southern Lake Michigan water temps finally getting out of the hole.

SXUS83 KLOT 141401
OMRLOT
ILZ014-151415-
SOUTHERN LAKE MICHIGAN WATER TEMPERATURES
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL
900 AM CDT WED MAY 14 2014
LAKE MICHIGAN WATER TEMPERATURES...
CHICAGO SHORE...56
CHICAGO CRIB....51
MICHIGAN CITY...53
&&

Managed 54° today.