joxey
May 2014 General Discussion

Brewers

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

today is so great after such a hardcore winter, what a climo

+1.

The high dewpoints today aren't even bothering me. Felt great the bit of time I was able to spend outside. Hit 82° here.

+1.

The high dewpoints today aren't even bothering me. Felt great the bit of time I was able to spend outside. Hit 82° here.

I was happy about today as well, since the only warm and sticky period (the morning hours) we were cloudy most of the time, so it never felt very uncomfortable.  I agree, great climo to have just a taste of heat but nothing more, and then get the payoff of big-time thunderstorms.

Wow... you guys got hammered over there...everything stayed south and east of here...just a few sprinkle.  Hit 76F here...still 71F.  I see the cold air is between here and Rochester, MN...showing 51F .. 

NAEFS shows what could be a heat wave in another week...I wouldn't doubt we fry after the cold spell this week.

Is it bad that I find some sort of pleasure in that? Not a winter lover after January 1. Seeing fb posts from friends out west all winter I think has made me a little resentful.

Yeah... They deserve it...but it would suck if you had a bunch of plants all flowering.   I know Colorado has a large peach growing area, so not sure how that will handle the cold.

Ended up tagging 86 earlier.  Dews were as high as 68.

Shot this out in Nebraska yesterday, but figured I'd post it here too since this is where I usually hang out. 

Fantastic video. Looks like you guessed right on that first location. Was neat watching the evolution.

Got some decent rain here, but less than most.  My total was 0.86" over two days.  The last two big systems only produced a total of about an inch here.  I'm running a little behind for the month, although I have to get a bunch of plants in the ground so I did not want a big soaker.  Severe-wise, this system was mostly a bust for my area.  After this next quiet week we will be approaching late May with no severe weather yet.  Also, it has been years since we've had a nasty lightning storm.  Storms with any close lightning strikes and huge cracks of thunder seem to be quite rare here.

The storms last night were definitely not short on lightning strikes. Very humid in the house overnight too. Good sleeping weather the rest of the week though.

Saw this picture posted on Skilling's FB page. I believe it is from the southern suburbs somewhere. Pretty incredible... looks like ice floes on the parking lot!

10363894_10152355793111760_5279124996667

Archived