Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
May 2014

uncle W

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna be close. Either way very nice 3 days Sun - Tue. We need the Sun mosquitos worst ive seen in a bunch of years here in CNJ..

Looks like ridge builds back by the 1st with some heat on/around the 1st of June-ish possible. Its likely transient as we continue to have a weakness over the northeast.

Crazy right? I don't remember them being so bad this early. Tomorrow looks iffy..might be warm but lots more clouds and shower chances

PWS just outside the park is reporting 82 this hour and a light west wind. While Central Park was 73 with a variable wind:

2ljpcuw.jpg

Central park is up to 80 on Uptons fb page now.

Would (will) sites surrounded by more vegetation be more susceptible to temp swings depending on wind direction vs less protected sitings?

Crazy right? I don't remember them being so bad this early. Tomorrow looks iffy..might be warm but lots more clouds and shower chances

It is (mosquitos) very bad this year compared to the past few years which had overall dry periods leading into early summer.  Hopefully we dry out for a bit.

...i think a lot of beach goers will be disappointed today..all forecasters

are calling for mostly sunny skies..its cloudy now and looking at the satellite picture, clouds

are spilling SE from upstate NY..all 'future casts' have it clearing by mid afternoon..but by then its too

late.

..'my bad'...turned out to be a very nice beach day here

on the east end..they were right, i was wrong..although some

high cirrus came thru at times it turned out fine..

Does anyone know if any issues with the max temps recorded at the Teterboro ASOS have ever been addressed? I highly doubt the high temperature there was actually 94, and this is far from the first time I've seen this issue with Teterboro.

KTEB.PNG

The fact that 88 was the highest temp at the top of any hour means 94 would be virtually impossible

The fact that 88 was the highest temp at the top of any hour means 94 would be virtually impossible

Exactly - I've seen this occur numerous times in Teterboro throughout the last year. I don't recall seeing this with other stations in the area, although it is possible I may have missed it, if it has happened.

Does anyone know if any issues with the max temps recorded at the Teterboro ASOS have ever been addressed? I highly doubt the high temperature there was actually 94, and this is far from the first time I've seen this issue with Teterboro.

attachicon.gifKTEB.PNG

There's been issues with the ASOS running too warm on and off since last summer. I recorded 87.3 for the high at my house about 4 or 5 miles from the airport, so it's much more likely 88 was the real high.

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=KEWR

The GFS shows a big trough digging into our area this weekend. This could possibly put warm temps on hold for much of June.

Looks like we'll be under a trough most of the next 5 - 6 days.  GFS and some of the ensembles build the ride back in by next Monday or between 6/1 - 6/4 or so with a nice Bermuda high D 7 - 10.  Likely looking at a transient warmup but potential first 90s. The overall upper air pattern maintains trough into the northeast and SE Canada.  The ridge is starting to flex some muscle over the Plains so the heat will have a good base to build next week out west. 

test8.gif

Today's Highs - just a perfect Memorial day and start to the summer.

TEB: 94 * conflicting reports also seeing 88?

EWR: 88

LGA: 87

New Brunswick: 87

NYC: 86

ISP: 86

JFK: 85

TTN: 85

And we kick off the season with Newark leading the pack as per usual on high temps. Beautiful day. The high here was in line with TTN. 85.3F and my warmest of the season. Amazing past 2 days - warm yet tolerable dew points.

Looks like we'll be under a trough most of the next 5 - 6 days. GFS and some of the ensembles build the ride back in by next Monday or between 6/1 - 6/4 or so with a nice Bermuda high D 7 - 10. Likely looking at a transient warmup but potential first 90s. The overall upper air pattern maintains trough into the northeast and SE Canada. The ridge is starting to flex some muscle over the Plains so the heat will have a good base to build next week out west.

test8.gif

Yeah, and it might also fizzle out like this week's sustained warmth forecast did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived